JW family made contact....

by LouBelle 75 Replies latest jw friends

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

LouBelle - I admire your strength, and refusal to be manipulated emotionally. Good for you!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

personally I wouldnt go see them AT ALL.

Remind them that they are not to have contact with DF persons. That David whatsis face gave a talk saying that the Witchtower Religion was the best plan for old age.

You could well find your reaction in the situation very distressing. You have a new job to find and a new home, these are your concerns, not the pockets of those snakes.

HB

• finally awake
    finally awake

Good for you Loubelle - I'm sorry your relatives are so awful

• Comatose
    Comatose

Please update after the talk. I'm very curious what will happen. Good luck. Be strong. Sorry you have to deal with this shit.

• Glander
    Glander

Lou. You're script above is excellent. But, I agree with ham, don't meet with them. Write your above statement and send it, email, or on paper.

Rehearsing a tense, once in a lifetime confrontation will not go as you imagine it.

Ps it may be difficult, but i would not tell them anything regarding your personal financial situation. None of their goddam business

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They can't handle calm measured factual discussion. They won't be able to comprehend that they can't guilt trip you or otherwise manipulate them. You will be as hard and calm as a stone and that will frighten them. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you meet them.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Lou - I agree with the above posters that have said to NOT meet with them.

Don't give them the satisfaction of speaking to you in person.

Take your words, put them on paper, and get it to them by messenger - or mail.

Perhaps, even having it delivered to them at the proposed meeting place - but you not going.

Be a no-show. You owe them nothing after the way you were treated.

Be true to yourself. Be strong.

Regards,

Jim TX

• whathappened
    whathappened

I also agree, and although I think you are sweet for wanting to support your aunt, this will not be pleasant and may leave you in a bad way emotionally. You may even be moved to break your resolve, these people should not be calling the shots. They want to meet with you, not give versa. I advise against this face to face meeting. They think they can talk you into it. They will use their Ministry School training and twist, twist, twist and maneuver things in their direction. If you do agree, prepare for the worst.

• laverite
    laverite

Even if you gave them the money they want from you, the only contact you would have with them would involve the financial transactions. They would continue to abuse you by shunning you otherwise.

It is wonderful to read about your strength in dealing with these people. They really have some nerve. You hear nothing from them for nearly a decade, and when you do hear from them it's because they want money.

Make no mistake about it. They want you to contribute so that they don't have to contribute as much money themseles. They want you to help make life easier on themselves. But they made their beds, didn't they? Now they have to lie in said beds. You can't cut off family as dead to you, only to go to them years later asking for money and citing said request as your scriptural duty. Idiots.

No matter what, don't give them a penny -- not one single penny, no matter how much they try to guilt you. And I don't doubt they would try to use emotional blackmail either (or whatever other amo they might be able to use against you to try to get your money -- "Gran loves you so very dearly. She talks about you every day and cries herself to sleep every night. You hurt her so badly when you left the Truth. She didn't leave you. You left her. It ruined her life." Blah blah blah.

Stay strong.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

the cheek of it

loubelle, glad you are standing your ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit