JW family made contact....

by LouBelle 75 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Can someone remind me of Blondie's citations re:"it"? what is the publication?

• tiki
    tiki

quite the story, loubelle.....the gall is amazing. great idea - let an elder build a room for granny....hah......my mother who was baptized back in the 30's and stuck with the delusion all her life ended up completely crazy (she always had mental issues, but they escalated as the years wore on)....by the time she was really whacked, everyone in the cong avoided her like the plague. she's in her 90's now and in a nursing home and just take a wild guess how many from loving congs in the vicinity have been up to visit. not that i would expect them too - she's better off without their rhetoric.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

carla.

Insight book 1 & 2.

zed

• Honesty
    Honesty

Are we not already dead to them? Yes.

Have we not been labeled apostate by them? Yes.

Have we not been shunned by them? Yes.

Do you owe them any assistance? No.

Let them take care of their own.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

As a former elder I know this trick well. The fact of the matter is the WT is not a charitable organization. So when elderly ones in the congregation fall on hard times the WT wants the elders to go after the relatives first. If that does not work then they go after ones in the hall with some money and if that does not work then maybe just maybe the congregation may give some money and usually that's a one time gift. The WT wants every penny for themselves. After all building KH or whatever is more important than helping anyone. Totally ADD

• wasblind
    wasblind

Under the law that the WTS likes to cite so often, df'ing corresponds to capital offenses, offenders were put to death. Based on their reasoning then, you are dead and how can you ask a dead person for money?_____ Blondie

Exactly, And because of this so-called " Death " they don't even bother

to check up on Loubell in her times of need

Jehovah's Witnesses sure don't mind robbin' from the dead do they

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

My wife has two of 6 siblings who left the Org. as soon as they turned 18 and have been shunned for the last 30 years.(one was baptized at 16 the other unbaptized) Neither was ever again invited to family gatherings,baby showers, barbeques, weddings, graduations etc. Their children were not included in anything even though they all live a short 10 drive away. When full time Pioneer Grandma was having financial difficulties because her social security just wansn't enough, guess who the other family members called? Yep...the shunned siblings were asked to contribute a monthly sum along with the other siblings....and they did it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Lou bell, Don't get all confused dearie. This ain't the ressurrection and you still don't get to be in paradise

we jus' need some money for ganny.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

How they had the face to do that I don't know. No shame! Well done LouBelle

• flipper
    flipper

LOUBELLE- I'm sorry your JW relatives are being so boorish and selfish in their behavior- pretty typical though. I see it in my JW relatives all the time. It's the " what's in it for me " attitude or " how will caring for my older relatives inconvenience me " attitude. They have no ethics or moral compass. They feel they can shut us out of their lives - yet don't blink an eye asking for financial assistance. What they need is a good kick in the behind !

I liked your response about THEM creating an extra room or space to take care of gran to cut down costs. Cheaper than going to a resthome. But then the JW relatives would turn into normal, caring humans. I don't know if they could HANDLE it ! So ridiculous. Hang in there kiddo. We are here for ya. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit