JW family made contact....

by LouBelle 75 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As excellent and appropriate as your response was, it must have been tough to write it. So sorry to hear your contact story.

• baltar447
    baltar447

When I read the topic, I was hoping it would be positive. Should have known better. Sorry about that LB.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOU BELLE:

Witnesses think they are going to have their cake and eat it too! They think they are going to have it both ways. In this case, they are trying to play the "family and obligation" card.

Meanwhile, they tear families apart!

While this is a personal decision, and some DF'd might help in this circumstance, it would NOT be me! I am not giving anything to anybody who wants nothing to do with me. Who do these people think they are?

As a "fader" treated like you, I would have a similar response to any JWs nervy enough to ask me for anything. In these desperate times, I wouldn't put anything past these hypocritical bastards.

• blondie
    blondie

.....after 8 years of us being disfellowshipped.

Loubelle, you were df'd right, not a fader. Evidently they could overcome your status when money is involved. That shows where their heart lies. As to whether you help your gram, if you do decide to do so, do not go through your family but directly with the nursing home.

I remember an older sister whose husband had died, and all her children and grandchildren had never been jws, never even going to the KH. The elders said the congregation could not help her because it was the responsibilty of her non-jw family. A few of us jws unofficially helped her and I talked to one of her grand-daughters who I knew from school and found out they had been helping her but had been told that the congregation was handling it (a big lie). I believed her....we worked a schedule the 3 jws and her family to take care of the day to day and supplement her funds. The elders found out and told us we were not to help her, I asked, if we continue will we be df'd? Silence from them. Their reason why, she wasn't turning in any time....

• Quandry
    Quandry

We have replied that we are dead to them. They need to take the council of the scripture that states that the elder in the congregations have to be like fathers and husbunds to the orphands and widows, that they have to be the shelter from the sun and rain.....and have suggested that if they are so concerned about my grans' loneliness that they prepare one of their spare bedrooms for her - this will eliviate the cost of putting her in an expensive home.

So ... contact after 8 years .... for financial support .... no how are you .... no love .... they just want.

Sorry we are dead and thus unavailable.

Ha! I know this is in fact not funny, but oh, the irony in it all....they wish to shun you while taking your money and telling you that you serve Satan.

Another thought that comes to mind-if they took money from apostates, would that not be "touching the unclean thing?" We wouldn't want that now, would we?

Oh, and don't be sorry...obviously they are not...

• wasblind
    wasblind

No hours. No help. No salvation

• wasblind
    wasblind

Another thought that comes to mind-if they took money from apostates, would that not be "touching the unclean thing?" We wouldn't want that now, would we ? _____Quandry

Don't get me started on the " Unclean things "

what about the sisters wit the disfellowshipped hubby

do they sleep in separate beds ? Or is she allow to touch

the " Unclean Thing "

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If you were burning in the street they wouldn't piss on you to ease your pain. They have no right to expect any better in return.

W

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

LouBelle wrote: ... They need to take the council of the scripture that states that the elder in the congregations have to be like fathers and husbunds to the orphands and widows, that they have to be the shelter from the sun and rain.....and have suggested that if they are so concerned about my grans' loneliness that they prepare one of their spare bedrooms for her - this will eliviate the cost of putting her in an expensive home.

Beautiful! Put it back in their court.

I am going thru something similar with my mother. I am not DF'd not DA'd but she told me and other non-active siblings that her family is her congregation. Now she is older and poorer (having spent her money on trips and early 'retirement') and wanting help from her kids. She leveraged my cancer treatment to get congregation support (she kept the cash). When I needed help getting to the emergency room when starting chemo, she could not help because it would make her late for a Bible Study. In my 20's hen I asked for a loan ($50 to get me thru til payday) she refused because I needed to learn how to manage my money.

Now she wants help because she needs a new car - or something. (I didn't pay attention to the details from my siblings.) I have no money to spare her. She can look to her congregation and reflect on her own words: Manage your money better. The cong is her family. Jehovah's will comes first.

The fact is, though, that her non-jw brother does have room for her. But I think that she doesn't want to be inconvenienced with a move.

Anyway, good for you, LouBell and your mom. Good response. I might be inclined to make a donation of time or money to you local Senior Concerns society - to help the general aging community. In memory of your gran who died 8 years ago.

-Aude.

• Ding
    Ding

Amazing how elders think they can give instruction to people they have DFd who aren't interested in reinstatement.

Why would they expect "apostates" to care about following scriptures (especially in areas where the organization doesn't follow them)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit