Atheism IS a religion! My profound apologies to Xians.

by return of parakeet 53 Replies latest social humour

• Este
    Este

Religion is an organized collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spiritualityand, sometimes, to moral values. [note 1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to create meaning to life or traditionally to explain the origin of life or the Universe. From their beliefs about thecosmos and human nature, they tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world. [1]

How is it atheism is a religion? It is not regarded as one otherwise you would be tax exempt if you formed a religion....

E.

• talesin
    talesin

Este, this thread is satire.

Atheism is not a religion.

xo

tal

• Este
    Este

este. I am an atheist myself, but many pagans, and other religions, believe in goddess(es). Check out Hinduism ...

In paganism, there are many gods and goddesses. The ancient Greeks and Romans worshipped both Gods and Goddesses. Also, aboriginal peoples. The duality of the divine is a theme in many cultures.

Xtianity and its belief in the "One True God" is a relatively new religion.

I prefer simplicity. Where does one find the time to do research on all of these belief systems? Most have ancient origins whereas some new person started it. Her and I had a romantic involvement, and she hated Christians, so we did bump heads a few times.

E.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Atheism is a religion in the same way that bald is a hair colour...................

• Este
    Este

Este, this thread is satire.

oh.....

• Este
    Este

In that case I think you should worship cats.....

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Estephan: " In that case I think you should worship cats..... "

That's already been done by the Egyptians.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Difference between dogs and cats:

Dogs: They feed me, pet me, and love me. They must be GODS!

Cats: They feed me, pet me, and love me. I must be a GOD!

Yes, I'm derailing my own thread, but I think my point's been made. Free-for-all, everybody!

• talesin
    talesin

Este .... I do! Well, not exactly, but kitty is definitely "Queen of the House".

:)

t

• cantleave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit