Atheism IS a religion! My profound apologies to Xians.

by return of parakeet 53 Replies latest social humour

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ah we're on a different page. But that's cool because it makes people interesting. I must explore atheism more. Perhaps I shouldn't confuse zeal with religion. As you define religion, I can safely say that atheism is definitely not a religion.

Can you be an atheist who's sceptical about natural selection as the mechanism of evolution?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Then call me a pizzafarian.

• talesin
    talesin

Shocked! Please do not lump us all together.

I worship the IPU! Pastafarianism, indeed.

• talesin
    talesin

5go

I don't know if your paganism involves deities ,, but mine doesn't. You may enjoy this vid. :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myv82bImf68

xo

tal

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think Cantleave became a Pastfarian just as soon as he left the Borg, or am I confused ? perhaps it is just that the chubby bugger eats a lot of pasta !

I eat (and drink) a lot of everything! But am extremely partial to a plate of pasta and meatballs.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Are you a Witch Tal ? LOL

A lot of bollocks is talked about what Atheists think, and strangely, "feel", by believers who do not, and cannot have a clue.

Atheists are an eclectic group, but the simple common factor is we do not "do" God. That position is not a religion.

Just the same as I don't play Golf, I don't do Golf, I am a non-Golfer, Golf does not feature in my life, I don't do God, I don't give a flying fudge bar whether a God exists or not, the whole thing only affects me when idiots try to tell me what I "believe" or "feel". Fools.

Some will try to say that Atheists "believe" there is no God. No we don't ,we simply see not one bit of evidence that stands scrutiny to support the existence of a God, anymore than the Pink Unicorn, being sceptical about the existence of Pink Unicorns is not a belief, it is a sensible, rational position.

Anyone who is so enamoured with the warm fuzzy idea that Pink Unicorns exist is irrational and deluded.

Draw the parallel.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

MMMMmmmmmmmm meatballs Cantleave !

Yuo know what they really are don't you ?

• glenster
    glenster

I start with a basic definition of God (as in the Adler version), faith as a
    choice of hope or not in that possibility beyond the known, and atheism as re-
    jection of belief in God or gods. Character, belief in yet other things,
    ability to get the facts right, centric intolerance, names for God, interven-
    tions, law of the land, etc., are all optional additional stipulations. Reli-
    gion typically combines faith and belonging to a social group.

Not all believers claim to prove is and not all disbelievers claim to prove
    isn't. The prove is and isn't-ers belong in their own category, and it's the
    same category as the GB--there isn't any prove is or isn't for the basics of
    that. Someone trying to rationalize an atheist is a believer typically means
    they likewise assert something as proven beyond what can be proven but that
    category is for those of either group who are mistaken or propadandizing. For
    example, the GB belongs in that group and I assume they don't have faith, not
    that they do.

• talesin
    talesin

Phizzy, I am exploring that path, and revere nature / Gaia ... :))

Glenster, I really really, like what you said.

xo

tal

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yeah, but what I want to know Tal is, when you go shopping, do you have a problem parking your broomstick ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit