Atheism IS a religion! My profound apologies to Xians.

by return of parakeet 53 Replies latest social humour

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yuo know what they really are don't you ?

OH YEAH - Lips and assholes!

• talesin
    talesin

Phizzy - lol, shopping? I've forgotten what that was, aside from groceries. :P No, I just twitch my nose and the goods I want majickally appear in my flat! Unfortunately, the money spells don't work so great.

:D

Srsly, though, the last time my sibling spoke with me, he expressed superstitious JWS fear that I am a witch, as was my grt-grandmother - I bear her name. I enjoyed seeing the fear in his eyes so much, that I figured it was time to look into it further!

t

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ah "there is more in heaven and earth than dreamed of in your philosophy Horatio"

Let us know how you get on Tal.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Phizzy

Do share TTATT on meatballs, please ....

Eden

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

JO: " Can you be an atheist who's sceptical about natural selection as the mechanism of evolution? "

Absolutely. I no more accept evolution as an article of faith than I do the existence of God. Skeptics keep their minds open to new ideas. I do think evolution as a working hypothesis is extremely plausible, but I do not "believe" in it.

talesin: " Shocked! Please do not lump us all together. "

My apologies, talesin. It is indeed possible to be an atheist and a wiccan and/or pagan, and a Buddhist for that matter. I debated with myself for a long time about Wicca, as it is a beautiful way to honor the earth, but decided that plain old atheism was enough for me.

Blessed be!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

glenster: " I start with a basic definition [of] atheism as re jection of belief in God or gods. "

Your statement is correct, but I think this kind of statement is what gets believers confused about atheism. Believers reason that to reject something, there must be a something to reject, and they conclude that atheists secretly believe in God but outwardly say they don't. They miss the part about rejection of BELIEF in God. Atheists reject belief in God, a stance that in no way implies the existence of God.

• talesin
    talesin

rop

that was a joke! The worshippers of the UPI ... vs the FSM.

I posted the Wiicca vid for 5go. Didn't mean to derail the thread, sorry.

tal

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

talesin: "that was a joke!"

I know, but I felt it deserved a serious answer because I respect Wiccan and Pagan beliefs.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Eden one, I guess most meatballs sold here in the U.K are O.K, especially post the Horsemeat Scandal, but we always joke they are as Cantleave says above made up of L's and A'holes, or, if not available, then Bollocks and Brains.

• talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit