Do some x witnesses shock you despite being one?

by Seraphim23 103 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Chicken, nah. That's so high school. It only works if someone is stupid enough to play.

• Este
    Este

Este I am athiest becuase I saw that belief in God is not needed in an age of science.

Science cannot control tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, and all that which destroys lives.....GOD can. What about mens wars, why science created weapons of mass destruction. What about diseases that kill like cancer etc. etc. Where is science? GOD will soon put an end to death.....

E.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Glad you enjoyed it Seraphim!

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I like Mr Fry, several of my friends know him, but beyond that I agree with much of what he says except when it comes to some philosophical positions he holds. I saw his debate with Mr Hitchens against Ann Widdecombe and a Catholic priest, and they slaughtered them. Was well worth a watch.

• flipper
    flipper

SERAPHIM- In my opinion most EX-JW's I've dealt with are pretty cool people. I don't find anything offensive with cussing. It releases emotional stress at appropiate junctures in life ( I'm not talking F-bombs every second ) but occasionally it releases stress in ways that non-cussing people can't appreciate.

Look, here's the deal we all are survivors those of us who have escaped the mind control cult called Jehovah's Witnesses . There is no RIGHT or WRONG path that various people will take exiting the Witnesses. Some are more religious. Big deal, so what ? Some of us are more agnostic or atheist. Once again, who cares ? Big deal. Everyone has the right to involve themselves or pursue a free life in post JW life as they desire. Who are we to say what's right or wrong for everybody ? What works for one person may not work for other people. We left the " cookie cutter " syndrome once we exited the JW organization. I feel it's a good idea to be open minded about everybody else. That includes religious people and non-religious people. Just my 2 cents. We hang with who we feel comfortable with

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Good post which I agree with you on to a large degree.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

*high fives Flipper*

<<<< Look, here's the deal we all are survivors those of us who have escaped the mind control cult called Jehovah's Witnesses . There is no RIGHT or WRONG path that various people will take exiting the Witnesses. Some are more religious. Big deal, so what ? Some of us are more agnostic or atheist. Once again, who cares ? Big deal. Everyone has the right to involve themselves or pursue a free life in post JW life as they desire. Who are we to say what's right or wrong for everybody ? What works for one person may not work for other people. We left the " cookie cutter " syndrome once we exited the JW organization. I feel it's a good idea to be open minded about everybody else. That includes religious people and non-religious people. Just my 2 cents. We hang with who we feel comfortable with. Peace out, Mr. Flipper>>>>

Well said, Flipper!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Are you saying that AW and the Catholic priest won that debate? Are you serious? AW and the Priest were trounced by Hitchens and Fry....

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I hope to shock. Sometimes its the only way to get past the filters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit