YHWH v YHVH - yes, V not W

by *lost* 150 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jen2013
    Jen2013

Here you are *lost*:

I just found a German page, that also investigates manipulations in translating the Bible. In this case the manipulations of the New World Translation of the Watchtower Society:
    http://www.jesus-offline.de/fehler-in-der-neuen-welt-uebersetzung.51.html#Roemer-der-Name-des-Herrn-der-Name-Jehovas

The page also found out about the most obvious manipulation of the Watchtower to adjust the Bible to its doctrine, but there are many more.
    It is good to know, that there are lots of people out there who investigate the Watchtower, not only Witnesses and exWitnesses do that.

(A)

Romans 10, 13: πας γαρ ?ος αν επικαλεσηται το ονομα κυριου σωθησεται
    (information: κυριου = Lord; genitive case)

Romans 10, 13: King James Version translates:
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10, 13: New World Translation of the Watchtower translates:
    For everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.

(B)

Romans 10, 9: ?οτι εαν ?ομολογητης | εν το στοματι σου | κυριον Ιησουν ... σοθηση
    (information: κυριον = Lord; accusative case)

Romans 10, 9: King James Version translates:
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, (...), thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10, 9: New World Translation of the Watchtower translates:
    For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, (...), you will be saved.

Conclusion: In the first place, in Romans 10, 9 the Watchtower translated the Greek word for "Lord" correct. Just a few lines later, in Romans 10, 13 they were not able to translate the same Greek word correct anymore? Apparently the Watchtower did this manipulation on purpose. If they knew the correct translation in Romans 10, 9 they should have been able to remember it a few lines later, as there still is the same Greek word to be translated. But the guys of the Watchtower Company loves their own fantasy, I know.

• *lost*
    *lost*

thanks jen

yes its all becoming so obvious now.

I bumped another thread there, who is jehovah I and II

it's excellent, got photos, evidence unlocks a lot. a link also to a site that gives some info.

the documentary, i actually saw that, but you dont make the connections you see, your hiding behind wt, blinded.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    its the devil not God

It's really not. It's just not God either.

• *lost*
    *lost*

jeffro

why do you have to keep pushing your anti christian rhetoric, we get it.

you dont beleive there is a god, why do you have flog it to death.

just leave it alone. your not helping by bashing bashin bashing all of the time

its so frustraing and its really annoying that you keep teling people what they should believe because of what you believe. believe what you want, but stop ramming it down our throats.

a devout chrsitian isn't going tolisten if you keep flogging them with the anti god rhetoric. they jsut going to say, get behind me satan.

• jhine
    jhine

PLEASE PLEASE , does anyone have any information on whether Jews sometimes call God "the firstborn of creation " someone on this site with all the combined knowledge that is apparent (yes I will resort to flattery ) must surely know something that I don't ( not difficult )

• JWB
    JWB

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

*lost*

why do you have to keep pushing your anti christian rhetoric, we get it. you dont beleive there is a god, why do you have flog it to death. just leave it alone. your not helping by bashing bashin bashing all of the time

Your objection is a strawman.

Your claim that 'Jehovah' is 'really' 'the Devil' is wrong, quite independentally of whether either of them actually exist. Your position is based on flawed semantics, irrespective of whether God exists or not.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Jeffro you have the patience of a saint, ....an extremely patient person.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro you have the patience of a saint, ....an extremely patient person.

Yeah. Plus I've had too much coffee today so I can't sleep yet. :/

I'm not sure I'd want to be a saint, given the primary prerequisite is dying.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Well, this could have been a great thread. Too many people believe that researching involves Googling and then believing anything written by anyone. People don't even read the mission or "about" statements of the organization posting the material to see why they are posting.

I have done true research as have many others here. YHWH or YHVH is crazy. It is a trivial side issue.

The larger issues: 1. Is YHWH merely the name of a minor god? Perhaps the oldest OT scriptures refer to pagan gods before the ascendancy of a priestly caste imposing monotheism on a polytheisim people. If God is I AM WHAT I AM, then he is not Jehovah or any variant. Just because a scripture follows another scripture in our Bible does not mean that was the way it was written in ancient times.

2. Is Jesus God? This is hard to believe within basic Judaism. Jesus recognizes the authority of Jewish leaders. He dines with Pharisees and attends both synagogue and the Temple. If he were God, did Jesus have conscious that he was God. The NT does not provide any clear answer. I doubt whether James and Peter believe Jesus was God in the sense that modern Christians do. When do Christian Jews disappear? John of Patmos was one. Revelation is written at a late period. When did Paul's view become orthodoxy?

One can read material at a website all night. Centuries of scholarship address these questions. They are profound, whether one has faith or not. Why not consult Jews for Jesus for Jewish commentary? Bad sources are bad sources.

It is clear that almost any web site will refute the Witness' teachings. I've noticed in modern literature that when the author is describing a god who is one hell of a bastard, Jehovah is mentioned.

Oh, references in the New Testament to Lord do not mean Lord God. Lord is the same as sir today. It is mark of respect and not divinity.

If Jews will not utter or write the sacred name, David, Abraham, Solomon, Noah, Moses would have been stoned to death for uttering Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit