Kidnaper of 3 Cleveland women - his mom a JW

by Gayle 53 Replies latest social current

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Isn't the ratio of Witnesses to non-Witnesses in the US higher than 1:200 (like 1:170)? If you factor in non-Witness or ex-Witness relatives, the odds may be that one in 40 crimes has a Witness connection. I fail to see what the purpose of this topic is. Since there's no obvious connection that's surfaced between this guy and a congregation, it's safe to say that he has more in commmon with the people on this forum than with the religion as an active member.

• sir82
    sir82
    After Ariel Castro's death this week, his brother-in-law Juan Alicea was interviewed on CNN. Here is the link to the news item which includes part of the interview at two different places in the broadcast.
    The way he talks and acts is very suggestive that the brother-in-law might be a JW.

Juan Alicea is definitely a fairly prominent JW elder in the Cleveland area.

Send me a PM if you want to know how I know (no, I didn't know Ramos or his mother, if that saves you a step).

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

BTtt. Somehow, I missed the JW connection in earlier reports.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Followup:

Michelle Knight's book came out this week and she says that the only religions that Castro ever talked about were Pentecostal and Catholic. So it seems unlikely that there was a direct connection with the JWs, except for the mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit