Kidnaper of 3 Cleveland women - his mom a JW

by Gayle 53 Replies latest social current

• sir82
    sir82

Anticipated JW response:

"See what happens when you don't teach your kids to love Jehovah? They become a kidnapper / rapist!"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Now that the connection has been made, calls have been made to legal, and the usual response that they, the brothers, specifically, aren't JW's. Nothing about the mother or "grandmother" and what she knew, or didn't know

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It does not surprise me that there is a Jehovah's Witness connection here. Really creepy!!!

• crapola
    crapola

I'm no longer a Witness, but I need to ask What difference does it make whether his mom is a witness or not. I'm not responsible for what my kids do or don't do. I wonder if she had been any other relgion would that have made the news. Just opinion, not worth the time it took to post this really. We need to stop bashing a whole group of people for what one person does. I'll probably make many of you upset for saying this. And I'm still very glad to be out kf this religio .

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/09/18151147-cleveland-suspects-mother-says-her-son-sick-asks-forgiveness-of-victims?lite

Cleveland suspect's mother says her son sick, asks forgiveness of victims

By Erin McClam, Staff Writer, NBC News

The mother of the Cleveland kidnapping suspect says her son is sick.

Lilian Rodriguez, the mother of Ariel Castro, said outside her home in Cleveland on Thursday that she is suffering and had nothing to do with the abductions.

“I ask for forgiveness from those mothers, that the girls will forgive me,” she told Telemundo in Spanish.

Castro, 52, is accused of holding the three women captive for a decade, before one of them broke free Monday night and called for help. A judge ordered him held Thursday on $8 million bond.

Investigators told NBC News after searching Castro’s home that they had found a suicide note that Castro wrote in 2004. In the note, he said that he had been abused as a child.

A Cleveland police report described a horrific captivity for the three women, including beatings and rape.

The mother spoke only briefly on Thursday and asked to be left alone.

“I have a son who is sick who has committed something serious,” she said.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

So Castro was abused as a child according to his suicide note. It will be interesting if his abuser was a JW.

zed

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

There are a number of reasons that it is relevant to mention the JW connection. Here are a few that come to mind.

Castro's mother has likely been a JW for quite a while, a lady in her mid 70's likely who became a JW as a young mother. I'm guessing, but we have all known of many young mothers like that. If so, most likely this Castro and his brothers grew up attending a KH. Surely someone on this forum from Cleveland knows this lady and can give some details. A Spanish congregation maybe? It is astonishing that no one had a clue he had three captives for all those years. Surely someone's spidey sense tingled sometime. If Castro ever attended KH, then various elders and JWs would have known him personally. Scary.

If Castro has not been working as a bus driver since he was fired, where has he been getting money? Hmmm. You can't maintain a home, pay bills, buy McDonald's food, without income.

How much you want to bet there are Watchtowers and JW literature in that house?

As someone already mentioned, the Jaycee Dugard story had a JW connection too. Simply a coincidence?

As this story unravels, I think we will be both horrified and astounded.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now where the heck she thought her new granddaughter came from is another question - I mean, your son shows up with some little kid who calls you granny and you don't think to ask 'who's the mama'?____Sammies wife

Tsk Tsk Sammies Wife , You know good and well thinkin' is the tool of Satan

Believe what you are told without question. Listen, obey and believe the lies

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Well, the latest update on the letter they found in his home he says that he was abused by his parents and raped by his Uncle.

No words on wether his parents physically or sexually abused him, but the rape was by an uncle.

This story is so so so sad. When your life starts of on a bad note you tend to spread your pain onto others :(

• flipper
    flipper

Strange how this JW connection doesn't surprise me at all. I mean considering that Nancy Garrido was a JW attending a congregation in Antioch, California who kidnapped Jaycee Dugard for 18 years with her husband Phillip beginning in 1991 . This JW grandmother just stuck her head in the sand like an ostrich which most JWs do anyway. It's disgusting. How did she think her son fathered a grandchild - by osmosis ? Jesus Christ. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit