Kidnaper of 3 Cleveland women - his mom a JW

by Gayle 53 Replies latest social current

• Gayle
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ohhh free publicity for them!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The mother of the Castro brothers, Lillian Rodriguez, was hiding Wednesday behind the locked door of her Cleveland home.

Neighbor Lucy Roman, 65, said the woman was a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, and was often seen going to church or

gardening outside her home.

She described eldest brother Pedro as a heavy drinker who lived with his mom and rode a bicycle around the neighborhood.

But she said he was good-natured and helpful with the neighbors.

“I was very surprised when I heard,” said Roman.

“You never really know who your neighbors are

• Scott77
    Scott77

This is very shocking but Iam not surprised. Top secrecy is uncommon among this very tight cult group.

Scott77

• fiddler
    fiddler

Wow! I was wondering if JW's or any religious group would show up in the background of these brothers and particularly the one that did the kidnapping and raping and brutalizing of these three girls.

I am not surprized.

Elisabeth Smart had some interesting comments to make as to how these young women could be held for so long without making any attempt at escape.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/05/06/elizabeth_smart_abstinence_only_sex_education_hurts_victims_of_rape_and.html

In 2002, 14-year-old Elizabeth Smart was abducted from her Salt Lake City home, held captive in the mountains, and raped repeatedly for nine months.* Since her escape, she has emerged as an advocate for human trafficking victims—and recently, a critic of abstinence-only sex education. When Smart spoke at a Johns Hopkins University panel last week, she explained one of the factors deterring her from escaping her attacker: She felt so worthless after being raped that she felt unfit to return to her society, which had communicated some hard and fast rules about premarital sexual contact.

“I remember in school one time, I had a teacher who was talking about abstinence,” Smart told the panel. “And she said, ‘Imagine you’re a stick of gum. When you engage in sex, that’s like getting chewed. And if you do that lots of times, you’re going to become an old piece of gum, and who is going to want you after that?’ Well, that’s terrible. No one should ever say that. But for me, I thought, ‘I’m that chewed-up piece of gum.’ Nobody re-chews a piece of gum. You throw it away. And that’s how easy it is to feel you no longer have worth. Your life no longer has value.”

As Jessica Valenti points out, the chewing gum analogy is a typical tactic employed by abstinence-only advocates to try to scare teenagers away from having sex. And while stunts like those are often delivered to coed groups, the messaging falls harder on girls: If one person is the gum, the other person chews. It’s difficult to add a rape exemption to that kind of visual. In the case that you’re abducted, does God lend you a fresh stick

........(the article goes on. Read it)

True, the victims weren't JW but the perpetrator had some of these sick kinds of analogies maybe floating around in his brain.......or maybe the girs had also had the 'abstinence only' mentality.............whatever the case.......they had their power taken away from them by this sicko. I wonder if he ever attended meetings and got the whole 'sex is dirty' vibes. His kind of sex was surely the worst but I wonder.............

I wonder how much religion plays into this.

• recovering
    recovering

Point of clarification the police no longer think all 3 brothers where involved. They now think it was only Ariel Castro.

"There is nothing that leads us to believe that (the brothers) were involved or they had any knowledge of this," said Tomba. "Ariel kept everybody at a distance."

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I wonder if her boys were raised in the truth

• zeb
    zeb

If so where?

What was their schooling?

did they have any creative hobby?

and im not surprised that the wts has surfaced in this dreadful matter. and

big congratulations to the C Police for some prompt work.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

You know, after I read this and thought about it, I can't help but wonder if the mother has a relationship with her son. I have a gut feeling she doesn't. While out in FS, how many times has she ever stopped by his house? Did she ever stop by during the last 10 years? It's a shame that she goes out in FS and knocks on the doors of strangers, but probably never dropped by unannounced to check on her son. I'm not saying it's her fault her son is a sick, twisted individual, but had she checked on her son regularly, maybe she could have caught him, or see something that would have saved those women a little sooner. No way to know for sure. In all fairness, maybe he terminated a relationship with his mother. Who knows?

It's hard to understand how you can keep three people trapped in a house for 10 years and no one notice. Too bad the JW mother didn't notice either.

I am happy the women are safe now.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Well, she had enough of a relationship with her son that he brought his little girl by his kidnap victim, to her house and the child called her Grandma.

Now where the heck she thought her new granddaughter came from is another question - I mean, your son shows up with some little kid who calls you granny and you don't think to ask 'who's the mama'? I realize there are all sorts of reasons this can happen and I'm sure the cops are asking those questions themselves....sw

How Castro took Amanda Berry's daughter out to visit his mother who the little girl called 'grandmother'

By PAUL THOMPSON IN CLEVELAND

PUBLISHED: 23:55 GMT, 7 May 2013 | UPDATED: 09:38 GMT, 8 May 2013

The six year old girl rescued from the Cleveland house of horror called her captors mother 'grandmother' and would be taken outside to see her, according to police sources.

The daughter of missing teen Amanda Berry would be taken out the house by Ariel Castro on weekends to see his mother, Lillian Rodriguez.

The little girl, whose name is Jocelyn, called the elderly woman grandmother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit