Kidnaper of 3 Cleveland women - his mom a JW

by Gayle 53 Replies latest social current

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

How did Ariel think he could stop the granddaughter realising something was wrong and telling the grandmother or others about the mother? At 6 the granddaughter may have been too young to comprehend that it was not normal for the mother to be locked up inside with the other women, and it was only a matter of time before she would starting questioning things, and speaking out.

• flipper
    flipper

You folks bring up some really smart, valid points here. This abduction may have more spider web connections to the Witnesses and WT Society than we think. I mean- think about how much guilt is coming out in WHAT this JW mother of Castro is saying - listen carefully to her words, " I ask for forgiveness from those mothers, that the girls will forgive me. " Translation : The mother is saying, " I KNEW my son was acting badly but I covered it up and didn't disclose anything to police, elders , or anybody because I make ecuses for my son, he's a sick puppy. "

In my opinion this JW mother needs to be questioned vigorously and grilled by police as to HOW MUCH she knew about her son's abducting these women and especially if he left the grandaughter to stay at the mother's house to visit - this lady knows more than she's letting on. In my opinion she holds just as much liability as the son if she knew something was awry.

But isn't that just the WT mentality ? Can't expose anything that would reveal scandal to those on the outside in order to not " defame Jehovah's name " . After all to individual Witnesses it's the OUTWARD reputation that's important- not the inward reputation or being true inside. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Hpw could the mother and brothers not know? I want to hear many more details. Perhaps there is nothing criminal but society, in general, can make them pay. The JW mindset is perfect for not seeing the f...ing obvious. Most mothers of incest victims are fully aware of the incest. Some are relieved that their daughter is being raped and they no longer are. I suggest criminal prosecution of such mothers and perhaps this family on some vague conspiracy charge.

Maybe state legislatures need to add laws to the books. An adult woman or men should not be able to look the other way. What ever happened to German guilt?

If there were even minor law enforcement of those who stand silent, far fewer children would be abused. .T his is only the latest incident to trigger a deep response in me.

The German public said they had no idea. I asked some Jewish students if it could be true. They allowed for my gullible Christianity. The smell of human flesh burning carries for countless miles. Railroad tracks ran past local towns. The frequency of the trains must have alterted the locals. Einsenhower made the local tour their souvenirs at a camp. When most people would vomit, they calmly filed by in good order. Only the mayor committed suicide.

Abuse victims should hold the enablers responsible.

Please, we all know the type. The idiot sister. Oh, so good with field service while major crimes occur under her nose.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I agree that since Castro's mother is a JW, that she has probably been a JW for a very long time, and that he probably had exposure to the Watchtower religion as a young boy. If true, no doubt the beginning of a messed up life. Will be interesting to see what comes to light here.

• cult classic
    cult classic

http://news.yahoo.com/daughter-cleveland-abduction-suspect-slashed-her-babys-throat-180411416.html

With a dad like Castro, there are bound to be problems with the kids.

Model citizens

• biometrics
    biometrics

I noticed a small section in the bottom of a news article today:

According to unnamed WEWS-TV sources, a suicide note written by Castro several years ago outlines what he did and why.

He reportedly writes about needing help for sex addiction and blames his victims for getting into a car with him. The note also refers to family problems and a poor childhood.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mind-games-hostages-raped-beaten-served-abduction-day-cake-20130509-2j9di.html I wonder if the family problems and poor childhood had anything to do with Jehovah's Witnesses?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

JW's are known for keeping their mouth shut on crimes if they feel, or are told, that reporting the crime will put Jehovah in a bad light. She knew, and I'm sure the elders in her Cong knew as well

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Castro apparently lived in Reading PA as a youth. Here is an abbreviated quote from a news article:

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-berks/former-reading-man-ariel-castro-arraigned-in-cleveland-kidnappings-held-on-8m-bond/-/121418/20079792/-/xdy76d/-/index.html

Before Ariel Castro became known as the alleged Cleveland abductor, his roots ran deep in Berks County.

Castro, 52, grew up in the early 1970s with his family in Reading. His childhood home was 435 North 2nd St.

"Every single day out here, all the kids played together. We played kick the can when there were still bricks here on the sidewalk," said Joe Gonzalez, who's grandmother lived directly across the street from the Castro family.

According to the city directory, the Castros lived in Reading in 1970 and 1971. Castro was about 9-years-old at that time.

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • dropoffyourkeylee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit