I sent this letter to my Parents.

by cofty 74 Replies latest members private

• tornapart
    tornapart

A really good letter Cofty. I think your hurt at their cavalier attitude towards you comes through strongly without being judgemental towards them and your puzzlement at the way they have shown no concern towards you in recent months despite your battle with your illness. It shows clearly the heartlessness of this doctrine that they can put aside the normal unconditional love a parent has for their child (no matter how old). I hope it affects the way they are towards you in a positive way.

I can't see how they could fail to be moved by it.

• LV101
    LV101

Although speaking your heart you remained kind, considerate. I'm sure you feel so much relief no matter any degree of anxiety.

You are strong to do this. It's amazing reading how these shunning experiences w/our friends/acqaintances on this board affect us and hangs in our mind. I've already relayed your experience to three people this morning and plan to relay to 30 more on Saturday. They're non-witnesses but the majority live in neighborhoods where witnesses frequent. Not that it helps your situation but if we all relay this horror it resonates with people and they'll be on their guard. I know a young gal and her younger sister who attended hall 25 yrs. ago w/a neighbor and she literally stopped just hearing (media, I think) Michael Jackson was being shunned by family members (doubtful in his case) and people lose their families when they are a member. Talk about hearing the good news -- she was really fortunate.

Stay positive about your health!

LV

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Its a very well written letter. Makes me wonder who is the adult and who is the child here? For Gods sake you have a serious health condition and they are not reaching out as concerned parents?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Great letter...will be waiting to hear their response and an update on your heath!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Cofty you nailed it. When more and more of the millions that have been kicked out or voluntarily left this cult do something similar, ie, refuse to play the game by WT rules it will go a long long way IMO.

Bravo!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

excellently written letter at the same time touching and sad, I feel like incorporating parts of it if I was to ever contact my mother with similar words, but I just dont have the energy, I hope they reply, evil bastards they all are.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Hi Cofty! Not been on here much because of daughter #2 going through spinal surgery. I read your 1st letter you posted, this one is much much better. Polite, to the point, not confrontational. Which lets be honest, dubs cant handle direct honest communication. They prefer a heads in the sand approach. Plus it is an invitation for them to open up. Lets see if they do eh?

If you want to pm please do. I`m literaly just down the A1 from you.

• clarity
    clarity

Cofty ...

If I were your Mom, reading that letter would make me

move heaven & earth to get to you!

>

We are hoping for the best with your health first of all,

& with your parents......

If they still shun you ....wow ...

maybe posting those letters everywhere ... go viral, and

send them to each & every gb member .... with a "Look

What YOU Are Doing" scathing note!

I'm thinking of a Newspaper Reporter/Editor who in fact was a jw &

has written articles himself about the folly of jw practices!

I will send them to him!

But maybe .... they will really think about the insanity of

their actions & be ashamed.

You deserve their love not their hatefulness.

let us know OK

clarity

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty,

Well written! You used an appropriate amount of guilt without laying it on too thick. You were right to make it about their "rules" and "the organization" rather than about any alleged belief in God, even though you know they won't interpret it that way.

I especially appreciated this comment:

On an intellectual level I do "understand" your rules about disfellowshipping. I wonder if you think that strictly applying the rules may cause me to want to return to the organisation. I need to tell you that it has precisely the opposite effect.

Shunning does indeed have the opposite effect from that claimed by the WT propaganda.

Please keep us posted on your test results. I would imagine this situation causes you a great deal of anxiety. Your parents should be there supporting you. Shame on them for cutting you off. How unloving.

Oubliette

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit