I sent this letter to my Parents.

by cofty 74 Replies latest members private

• besty
    besty

great letter cofty -

maybe jwfacts or randy could construct a permanent home on their website for 'best of' example letters to family/friends who are still in...yours would be a great reference...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

It's a very sad but powerful letter. Its made all the more poignant because of your cancer treatment, and your own children being stuck in the middle of this. Your mom should cry after reading it.

You could write a novel or a movie based on this.

Hope the prognosis is good and all goes well. You have a lot of strength and your intelligence has always shone through your posts.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Have you heard anything yet?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Beautiful letter! I wish you the best in your recovery both physical and emotional.

• cofty
    cofty

I got a letter back from my dad today.

I intend to ring them both tomorrow evening and have a chat and then I will post an update. For the moment I can say it was a far more positive response than I dared wish for.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

That's wonderful, Cofty!!!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Cofty,

A more positive respose than you had hoped for is a great sign. You deserve the same level of respect that you give.

HUGS to you Cofty.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Awesome letter Cofty!! It was prefect. You were honest, heart-felt, compassionate, and placed responsibility for your parent's shunning you on them - where it belongs and without being accusatory.

I hope that you get better soon.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Great letter. Good luck with everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit