I sent this letter to my Parents.

by cofty 74 Replies latest members private

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Cofty, your letter is very good. I'm sure it wasn't easy to construct. Very tactful and yet pointed. My hope is that you will be acknowledged and that your parents will choose to have a relationship with you and your family. Please prepare yourself as it may go either way. But, I am sure that your letter will be read over and over again. I really hope you will be able to move on regardless of the outcome. You can feel good that you did all that you could, Cofty. The ball is now in their court.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Good luck cofty. Very assertive and well written. I hope it works or helps.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and fears. I hope things turn out okay in that front too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I liked the letter. It puts the ball square in their court.

• blondie
    blondie

Great letter, cofty. If I were your mom, it would move my heart, it has and I'm not your mom.

Blondie

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey crofty - I hope it goes well and I hope they choose to contact you because you are their child and want to be part of your life. 17 years is a long time.

On the little spot that has shown up in your CT scan - I hope it is random and nothing serious - please keep us informed on your health.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It still shocks me that a man made organisation can get between a parent and child, simply because they don't attend the same "church"

• Fernando
    Fernando

Very tactful, reasonable and well written, yet also firm.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Technically they have no reason to be treating their grandchildren different. None at all. That in itself, seeing ones grandchildren is neccessary family business. Sorry they have been warped to an extreme degree by the religion Cofty. Great letter.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Fantastic letter Cofty, so well written and clear and honest. It has to hit a JW in the heart when they are really honest and realize they are shunning their own child for nothing more than that child no longer beliveing what they had been brought up to believe, and what their parents still believe. Most parents gut will tell them it is crazy and heartless, but tragicaly, many will suffer along because they are trained to be obedient.

I think the part you included about how their shunning you will not make you think about coming back, but will have the opposite effect. Maybe they will realize the emotional blackmail perscribed by the WT society will not work on you.

I know I will have to face this scenario sooner than later myself, but I realize they are the ones who truly will be missing out. We are not shunning them, they are shunning us. It is their problem and their loss.

I truly wish you the best and send good vibes your way.. -BU2B

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I liked the letter a lot. It's so sad that a group of guys in New York can break up families all over the world for their crazy religion. I'm sorry you have had to go through this for so many years. If your letter doesn't reach their hearts then nothing will.

Good luck Cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit