Thoughts on the new AAWA video and other things!!

by iamwhoiam 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" They will do whatever it takes to (especially with creative wordsmithing and circular arguments) to prove their "rightness" and force that opinion on anyone who is foolish enough to disagree."

Ya, and afterwhile some folks give up cuz who really wants to keep going around and around about the same ole shat (minuscule details...is that really the hill you're willing to die on? Sad.). Geez

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Marvy is just so unhappy that people won't play by the rules of his made up game. Perhaps this will encourage him to start his own forum with his own rules, that seem to change like shifting sands. Just like that NY corporation

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

iamwhoiam: Shunning can never be stopped no matter how bad you want it to.

True, but the issue here is the institutionalized form of shunning which is coerced on JWs by the WT Leadership. It removes individual conscience and choice by falsely claiming it is a scriptural requirement when it is not and by falsely claiming it is a matter of loyalty to Jehovah when in fact it is only a matter of loyalty to an organization.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“But at some point constant demands for answers from people who can chose not to answer can take over a topic leading it away from it's purpose and risk ruining an otherwise good discussion.”

Simon,

I’ve asked zeb is dead one time why he failed to answer the question asked of him.

Since then you’ve been drudging it up and I’ve responded to you because I was being addressed by you.

“It's like someone being interviewed and asked a question that they refuse to answer. It's asked again, they still refuse. If the interviewer just keeps asking the same question over and over saying "I want an answer" then eventually, they start to annoy other people regardless of how important or intelligent their original question may be.”

Refusing to answer a question is sufficient. So far zed is dead has not refused to answer the question I asked. Zed is dead has only failed to answer the question asked by dodging it.

“We're here to share opinions and ideas, if you think you have shared yours then job-done. If you think onlookers have understood your point then mission accomplished. If you think someone needs to admit that they were wrong then you may not have as much success because not everyone will a) agree with you that they are wrong or b) admit it publicly even if they do.”

A simple refusal suffices for me. But so far I’ve not seen it.

My suggestion to is that you take as much time as you have with me to share your recommendations with folks here whose apparent “mission” is to do no more than snip at participants.

In the meantime, I’ll share my opinion so long as I think it necessary and within guidelines you’ve laid out for participants here.

Marvin Shilmer

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Refusing to answer a question is sufficient. So far zed is dead has not refused to answer the question I asked. Zed is dead has only failed to answer the question asked by dodging it.

If that what he chooses to do......

Do you make choices? Do you get called down on them. Do you care to respond?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nah, that's not my mission here. Can't speak for anyone else though and wouldn't presume to know.

poor kitty, tell her I feel her.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“The adopted cat says that Marvin Shilmer is making her brain hurt.”

No surprise there!

• james_woods
    james_woods

None whatsoever.

It is the cosmic grok.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Do you make choices? Do you get called down on them. Do you care to respond?”

wha happened?,

I obligate myself to evidence assertions I make. This is a burden of proof that every responsible person bears.

Hence if I assert choices I make then accordingly I have a burden to offer my reasons, whether logical or not.

One thing I do not do is expect folks to answer my questions and then treat them differently.

Marvin Shilmer

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Oublilette: "True, but the issue here is the institutionalized form of shunning which is coerced on JWs by the WT Leadership. It removes individual conscience and choice by falsely claiming it is a scriptural requirement when it is not and by falsely claiming it is a matter of loyalty to Jehovah when in fact it is only a matter of loyalty to an organization."

Regardless of whether it is or is not a scriptual requirement...regardless of whether its institutional or personal...it will still always exist in one form or another. of course i would love for it to stop...especially in the jws since that was the religion that played a major role in my life. but its just not going to happen. and thats just an opinion i have from studying and observing human nature. its as old as the hills. if there was no such thing as shunning...then we would be living in a utopia. and utopias rank right up there with unicorns and leprechauns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit