Thoughts on the new AAWA video and other things!!

by iamwhoiam 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm going to jump in here and ask something. As it's about AAWA and 'other things', I guess it can include anything remotely connected?

One of the things AAWA is campaigning against is the paedophilia hidden in the WT. A good cause. However two of it's admin wrote a thread about outing of any and all suspected paedophiles.

I was watching a tv drama to do with finding the killer of a young boy. Suspicion soon focused on a single older man who ran a kind of sea cadet club for boys. It was soon unearthed by the press that he had been convicted of a sex crime many years before. He was also known for 'hugging' the boys. So began a campaign of victimisation and vigilantism against him. Then the true story. He'd been a music teacher and fell in love with a pupil and she with him. They had a relationship when she was just four weeks away from the age of legal consent. He spent a year in jail, came out and married the girl. They had a child together, a little boy sadly killed in a road accident at 6 years old. The 'hugging' boys was the natural affection he missed after his little boy died. He and his wife parted when the grief became too much and he was left alone. The campaign against him drove him to suicide. I know it's only fiction but......

My point. At what stage does outing someone for suspected paedophilia crimes become public interest? Is this what AAWA intends to do?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Hey this thread is about their video and other things. What are the other things?

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Originally "other things" covered the general subject of shunning. However, in hindsight, the term was a bit broad and turned into whatever you want to talk about (gripes or kudos) related to the AAWA, which is not a bad thing. People get a chance to speak their mind and get everything off ther chest on the subject..all in one thread.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I can not go sky diving Monday do to rain. So sad about that :(

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Oh that was the "other things"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit