Thoughts on the new AAWA video and other things!!

by iamwhoiam 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

I just love the way some just bitch for the sake of bitching. Will they put the effort into doing something themselves . . . well no. But bitch and deride others . . . well yes.

Examine someone like Shilmer and his efforts and you cannot deny the work and effort. Plus the guy comes across as having a brain.

Sorry, but many who simply want to bitch and deride others don't necessarily come across as having one of those, not a working one at least.

• suavojr
    suavojr

where is the link to the video??

• Simon
    Simon

Marvin, really, you need to STOP doing the "read what I say / show me where I said" rigmarole on every damn topic !!

You complain about how people talk to others but you contribute to the problem when you throw out insults directed at others.

Please, this is just an internet discussion forum, not the supreme court. Just discuss ...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Zed - You said:

I know that a few people here think that I am just an AAWA basher. In truth I am a one trick pony."

You said it Zed...you are a one trick pony, as you then go on to again bash AAWA and beat the dead horse that has been flogged two billion times on here for weeks. We all know that AAWA screwed up on the FB thing, and it should have been fixed sooner. Thanks for reminding us about it

y

e

t

a

g

a

i

n

we almost forgot that you are a one trick pony!

I am sure you will bring it up to your dying breath as the worst crime every committed in the history of the world. Then as your final coup de grace, you say:

"In my book, this fundamentally makes him [Cedars] just as evil as the organization that he is attacking."

Yep Mr. One Trick, Cedars is worse than Rutherford and Russell and Franz too...doesn't that seem like hyperbole to you? Really now bro...

So here's my quote to you from the Tarantino film we both love:

"Zed is dead baby...Zed is dead..."

• Simon
    Simon

Please keep discussion to the topics and not people's intent or opinions which they are free to hold as they decide.

Marvin: zed is free to think you are right or wrong whatever you do just as you are free to think differently. Does the answer of what he thinks really matter to you?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Marvin, really, you need to STOP doing the "read what I say / show me where I said" rigmarole on every damn topic !!”

Simon,

When people respond to what I write at the expense of what I literally put to pen as though responding to what I literally put to pen, then it’s inappropriate that you or anyone else should suggest I not point that out.

If, as you say, this is discussion, then WHY are you suggesting I should disengage from sharing my perspective while others persist in sharing things from their perspective?

“You complain about how people talk to others but you contribute to the problem when you throw out insults directed at others.”

It’s not an insult to point out something that is measureable and verifiable. If something is measureable and verifiable then it’s a simple matter of “is it true” or “is it false”. If someone takes that as insult then they need to grow up.

“Please, this is just an internet discussion forum, not the supreme court. Just discuss ...”

Then STOP telling me what I should or should not say within boundaries you’ve established as site owner.

Marvin Shilmer

• Simon
    Simon
    Respectfully, I don’t disagree that socializing with perverts might help those perverts and, by extension, potential victims. But that’s a red herring in response to the question I posed to zed is dead .

I think the question is more about whether there are absolute cases where shunning is right. I chose to post a counter viewpoint to the example given. I think that it is relevant to show that what someone else thinks doesn't really matter because there aren't always absolute rights and wrongs even though there may appear to be.

Your response to the question seems to suggest that you believe that there are and that someone thinking you would chose the 'wrong' choice would be important to you.

Really, why not just state what YOU believe and not get so obsessed about what other people may think you believe. If what they think is so important then it is the best way to ensure that what they think actually matches up with what you believe.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Marvin: zed is free to think you are right or wrong whatever you do just as you are free to think differently. Does the answer of what he thinks really matter to you?”

Simon,

Of course zed is dead is free to think however he or she wants! That's beside the point.

I expect a person who chooses to engage in asking questions to answer questions, and particularly when participants bother to answer questions asked by that person.

Yes. I matters to me what zed is dead’s answer is to what I’ve actually asked.

Does that bother you?

Marvin Shilmer

• Simon
    Simon
    If, as you say, this is discussion, then WHY are you suggesting I should disengage from sharing my perspective while others persist in sharing things from their perspective?

Exactly, if someone is unclear then clarify what you meant, don't start debating whether they are right or wrong to have interpreted things a certain way. It doesn't help to make things clearer and only serves to create bad feeling and confusion.

Surely the most important thing is to communicate what your opinion is clearly enough so that other people have a fairly good chance of interpreting it as you intended.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Really, why not just state what YOU believe and not get so obsessed about what other people may think you believe.”

Simon,

My comment about shunning was/is a statement of something I believe.

I believe it’s right that I shun child molesters by not associating with them socially. Otherwise I’d not say it!

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit