Thoughts on the new AAWA video and other things!!

by iamwhoiam 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I obligate myself to evidence assertions I make.

And that's where it ends. Because you cannot obligate others to do the same.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I haven't seen the video yet, and I'm not in a hurry to watch it. I also sincerely hope that Marvin isn't part of AAWA's PR team.

The thread started out with someone picking the video apart due to frustration with AAWA and received mixed responses. Many that don't like AAWA's recent handling spoke out in support of the video being good.

Then Marvin comes in and rather than lending his voice to those supporting the video and effort, chooses a negative reply and launches into a 4 page offensive of he said/she said.

With friends like this, who needs enemies?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

SSSSHHHHHHHHHH! Marvin may hear you. And launch into a 4 page rant about what your opinion is of him

• BU2B
    BU2B

Cant we all just get along? JWs love to see the concious class/ex-JWs/dissenters fighting among ourselves.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Many that don't like AAWA's recent handling spoke out in support of the video being good.

I was very proud of our general posting population for that.

It shows that we are not just knee-jerk reactionaries.

However, it is also true that doing a little good after nearly a month of repeated bad will not balance the books for many.

I personally will always be wary of the AAWA - and that is really too bad. But that is what they have done to their own reputation.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree James, I haven't poo poo'd the video based only on it's source, as I haven't seen it yet.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Paralipomenon: "Many that don't like AAWA's recent handling spoke out in support of the video being good."

I agree with this statement. I don't personally like the AAWA's recent handling of thier launch, I don't personally like the fact that its an "organization" (reeks to much of what i try to avoid), but i do like the video. I just don't think something like that is going to change the policy of shunning among witnesses. All shunning among all religions would have to stop. Its like fighting terrorism..it can't be won as your battling a concept.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“…you cannot obligate others to do the same.”

wha happened?,

But I can point out when a participant fails to do as they would have others do toward themselves. Right?

And I can point out a question dodged with a red herring. Right?

This is, after all, a discussion forum. Right?

Marvin Shilmer

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Sure Marvy, you cn point to anything u want. But u can't make them sing, or play by your little made up rules. JUst like my 8 year old nephew does on occasion. He does get it though when I point this out to him

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

"Then Marvin comes in and rather than lending his voice to those supporting the video and effort, chooses a negative reply and..."

Paralipomenon,

Pardon me for pointing this out, but my first response—and only intended response—to this discussion was directed squarely at the original post, and my response was in support of AAWA’s initiative to distribute educational information.

But then, I’m talking about what actually transpired and not some figment of someone else’s imagination or red herring.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit