WT Society Changes Definitions of Words to Control JW's for Their Agenda

by flipper 54 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

My wife and I were discussing this and thought of a few examples of words that the WT Society changes meanings on in order to accomplish their own self serving agenda . For example :

The term - GENERATION - Definition in Webster's New World Dictionary : " Generation - A single stage or degree in the succession of natural descent ( father, son, and grandson are three generations ) . the average period ( about thirty years ) between the birth of one generation and that of the next . "

The term - GENERATION - As defined by the WT Society - Any combination of people living from birth until age 90 or more and thus causing overlapping generations to be combined as one generation. ??

The term - SLAVE - Definition in Webster's New World Dictionary : " A human being who is owned as property by another and is absolutely subject to his will ; bondservant divested of all freedom and personal rights. A person who is completely dominated by some influence, habit, person, etc. "

The term - SLAVE - As defined by the WT Society - A slave is a servant to others and is humble and actually the greatest among you because they serve the needs of the congreagtion . Thus the " faithful slave " is Jesus's chosen appointed servant to rule over the " great crowd " now giving them " spiritual food " at the proper time . Elders " slave " for the congregation and it's said to be a desirable, good thing. No negative connotation in " slavery " by WT Society definition, only positive.

The term - WORLDLY- Definition in Webster's New World Dictionary : " Of or limited to this world, temporal or secular. Devoted to or concerned with the affairs, pleasures, etc. of this world. Worldy-wise; sophisticated. "

The term - WORLDLY- As defined by the WT Society - A worldly person is considered wicked, immoral, evil, and a sinner unworthy of God's approval. A worldly person is anybody NOT a Jehovah's Witness and is worthy of destruction at the WT Society ordained alleged " Armageddon ". Thus the term worldly by the WT Society ONLY has an extreme negative connotation as opposed to the REAL definition having positive value.

So these are some words that the WT Society misuses and abuses and changes MEANINGS of to endorse and push their own agenda. Can you folks add or think of other words that the WT Society misuses to deceive, distract, and otherwise control prospective members of Jehovah's Witnesses with ? As always I look forward to your comments and views and opinions. Take care

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm probably picking some of the lowest-hanging fruit, but WORLDY is one of the expressions that divided up my world from childhood into mid-adulthood.

WORLDLY according to the dictionary means being "experienced in human affairs" or "sophisticated, worldly-wise"

WORLDLY, according to the JW Loaded Language Lexicon, means "hopelessly ensnared in Satan's evil, awful, wicked system of things" and doomed for eternal destruction.

• Ding
    Ding

The term -- TRUTH: Dictionary: Fact; statement that accords with reality

The term -- TRUTH: WT: Whatever the Governing Body is currently teaching, subject to change at any time

• Think About It
    Think About It

How about the word "FRIENDS"?

Normally, friends are people who love you, and people that you trust.

In the JW world, "the friends" love is conditional on you believing 100% of WTS BS, and you can trust they will stab you in the back if it suits them.

• Pickler
    Pickler

What about LOVE? LOVE used as a reason for discipline, it's LOVE that is behind shunning, Gods LOVING organisation that oh so LOVINGLY looks forward to Armageddon, where God will lovingly rid the earth of unbelievers.

Or how about bible DISCUSSION which involves reading from the set paragraph, and then answering a question by repeating the same words, maybe changing the order around, now that's a DISCUSSION.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

"STUDY" as with Watchtower and Bible. We all know it isn't a BIBLE study, but answering set questions from the material is not "study" in the accepted sense either.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I remember an opening paragraph in a study Watchtower, that said Jehovah's people should not desire to be sophisticated, because if they were, it meant they were lovers of this world. lol

Just Lois

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

The word "worship". To JWs worship means putting in time or sitting for hours on end answering questions by rote. Worship means giving of your honor and devotion. The JWs do worship the GB and the rags they print.....but they have no idea what real worship is.

Hey, I wonder if they will allow the rank and file to have the initials GB around their neck. They are not too far from that idea now.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Everything is loaded in JW speak. Christian can only refer to them, Religion is everyone but them. Armageddon, a location mentioned only once in the bible, is a grand occurence that will take place soon.

That is another word that is redefined by the WT... soon. Very soon, really close now, just around the corner, shortly, within our lifetime, before the end of the 20th century, the time is at hand, on the horizon.... SOON.

Edited to add: Independence.

Excuse the italics, my iPad is demonized.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Doublespeak, a way to mind-fuck the uninitiated and thereby control them.

2 + 2 = 5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit