WT Society Changes Definitions of Words to Control JW's for Their Agenda

by flipper 54 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all your responses ! I just thought of another word that is totally abused inside the Jehovah's Witness organization - SPIRITUAL or SPIRITUALITY. I mean it's ridiculous what the WT Society considers " Spiritual " .

SPIRITUAL- As defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary : " of the spirit or the soul as distinguished from the body or material matters. characterized by the ascendancy of the spirit ; showing much refinement of thought and feeling. "

SPIRITUAL- As defined by the WT Society : Turning one's field service time in at the end of the month. Raising your hand and commenting at JW meetings. Giving talks from the platform. Attending congregation meetings. " Spirituality " in WT terms has nothing to do with how much a JW's thoughts and feelings are refined in a positive way to make him or her a better person - " spirituality " is based on how many WT functions a person performs exactly as the WT Society leaders SAY to perform those functions. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

Anyway - I'll respond to your fine comments now !

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- Exactly. My world was divided up the same way your world was divided up growing up as a JW also. " Worldly " people were considered " bad " or " evil " - yet all JW's were considered " good " or " brothers " and " sisters ". Pretty twisted thinking.

DING- Very true what you say. In the Dictionary " Truth " is fact dealing with reality. Nothing the WT Society teaches as their important doctrines have anything to DO with reality. It's all fantasy designed to promote WT Society interests. As well as lies.

THINK ABOUT IT- " Friends ". Yeah, that's a good one. " Friends " were always conditional in Jehovah's Witnesses based on how much field service time you got in each month or how much we brown nosed elders or Circuit Overseers for positions .

PICKLER- Very good points you make. The things the WT Society teaches JW's to do in the name of alleged " love " are horrendous, aren't they ? I mean even to do criminal acts in the name of " love" - allegedly. I mean if the WT version of " love " is what love is all about- I'll choose hate any day of the week over the WT Society " love ". Crazy.

RETROVIRUS- Good points indeed. WT Society version of " study " is answering pre ordained or preset questions, no research or real study involved at all. Good one.

LOIS LANE LOOKING FOR SUPERMAN- Wow. So the WT Society actually said that if we were " sophisticated " we'd be lovers of the world ? Incredible. Man these WT leader guys are weird. Not to mention their writing department.

ROBERTA 804- Exactly you are right about the term " worship ". Kind of like " spirituality " in that " worship " like you stated to a JW is reading the WT and Awake, putting time in field service, commenting at meetings- nothing about showing real " Christian " qualities like love, joy, peace, mildness, etc. It's all functions once again that involve JW's " worship ".

2+2=5 - JW speak indeed. Only JW's are consdered " Christians " to the WT Society , and yes, the word SOON - in WT lingo that can mean 134 years from 1879 or hundreds of years, but the big A is coming SOON, right ? Incredible.

OUBLIETTE- Hey dude ! Nice hearing from you. No need for apologies ! You call it as you see it ! A mind f%ck is a mind f%ck in anybody's language. I agree with you ! Doublespeak is the same thing as mind f%ck. Just a little more subtly said ! LOL !

TOTALLY ADD- Hey guy, nice hearing from you ! Yeah, ELDER is a good one also. I mean, it's ridiculous in the Jehovah's Witnesses " elders " have been appointed in their 20's- I mean what's ELDER about a 20 something year old guy giving anybody marriage counseling or counseling about teenage kid problems. It's f%cking stupid is what it is. Only the WT Society could pull a stunt like appointing young men as elders who don't even shave or their balls haven't even dropped yet . So ignorant of WT leaders.

FERNANDO- I realize that you may view the Bible as the authority on definitions of words, however in this thread we are examining the definition of words as defined in English language Dictionary's. No disrespect is meant in giving Bible definitions - however for the purpose of this thread it's being shown how the WT Society distorts the use of language and words- not necessarily how the WT Society distorts the Bible - even though they do that as well ! Thanks for your thoughts.

ARBOLESDEARABIA- Exactly. WT Society tried to imprison ALL of our minds by mind control and twisted reasoning. I have heard it before brought out on a thread here over the years, that yes- the WT Society DOES elicit help from marketing representatives in order to manipulate Witnesses with advertising schemes and ideas. Thought control is a nicer term for mind control. It's still all " mind f%cking ".

FARKEL- Hey guy ! Nice hearing from you ! Very true what you say. Exactly. WT Society always claims that everything they say is " based on the Bible " - and so it has the effect of JW's NEVER questioning ANYTHING the WT leaders say because they think it's " bulletproof " coming from " God " - allegedly. It's so weird. So nobody ever questions it.

SCOTT 77- Very true. A high control, mind controlling organization will ALWAYS change the use of words in order to dupe, deceive, and control their members. Lots of religious, commercial, and political organizations are out there just like the WT Society using these same techniques to control and mesmerize people

• JeffT
    JeffT

False Prophecy: A predicition that did not come true. The WTBS does not make false prophetic statements, sometimes the Brothers* read more too much into what was said.

False Prophet: some one who issues false prophecies in the name of God. The WTBS is not a false prophet because they don't make predicitons in the name of God, they just speak for Him and you have to follow everything they say to the letter because if they said it, it came from God. But they're not prophets. Really.

*Brothers: includes women when used by the WTBS, unless the statement involves authority to actually do something, in which case it doesn't.

• rocketman
    rocketman

In all fairness, the term "generation" is not limited to a 30-year or so time frame as it is used in the Bible. Various Bible dictionaries supply several definitions depending on the context:

topicalbible.org/g/generation.htm

The link won't copy on my computer.

Interestingly, the word can also include the thought of "race" or "class", and some Bible commentators apply the use of "this generation" at Matthew 24:34 to the Jews, in effect saying that the Jewish race would remain "until all these things occur".

Again, I am frustrated in my attempts to provide a link.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

All of these mean "BELIEVE WHAT WE SAY NEXT"

-"Fully appreciate"

-"expect"

-"understand"

-"Rely"

-"you can be sure"

-"read carefully"

All of these mean THINK. Exactly what we are to think follows, or is associated with, these words. this is how they control the flock's thoughts:

Recall

imagine

dwell on

keep in mind

consider

meditate

look at

take in

pray

realize

study

learn

notice

examine

note

understanding

sound reasoning

see

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The "1914 Generation" should (by common usage) have meant "the group of people who were young adults in 1914" and that would make them close in age. That was pretty much the definition until those people started to get old and then they morphed it to anyone born before 1914.

Interestingly, Russell believed the end would come within one generation of 1874, so that was the original idea behind 1914. He believed the generation lasted 40 years. To be in line with the common definition, the average young adult in 1874 would live 40 or slightly more or less years from then.

In hindsight, I see that they have always been changing definitions.

The Bible, especially the NT of the NWT, is loaded with positive references to slaves.

Good points on "worldly."

They also misrepresent "Christendom."

chris·ten·dom

/'kris?nd?m/ Noun

1. The worldwide body or society of Christians.
    2. The Christian world.

WTS's definition is pretty much "all of Christianity outside of Jehovah's Witnesses, which is (unknown to members) in Satan's control." They imply that the term is nothing but negative and (in English) seem to make members think of the word, "Dumb" as if anyone is dumb not to notice there are serious problems with the various religions of Christendom.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, and "Spirit-directed" means everything that "inspired" means except that those who are "spirit-directed" are allowed to change meanings or understandings of anything they said (or printed) to suit the changing situation of Watchtower.

They tell members that "spirit-directed" and "inspired" are entirely different.

• flipper
    flipper

JEFFT- Exactly. WT Society never takes responsibility for it's false prophecies , it's always JW's not understanding or their fault they don't understand. WT Society claims not to be a prophet - yet from the same mouth they claim to be the alleged " faithful & discreet slave " who gives " spiritual food " at the proper time ? 8 GB members speak with forked tongue indeed. They need Big Chief to come give 'em whup-ass. And yes, sisters are included in " brothers " unless subjection is involved, very true.

ROCKETMAN- In all fairness as well- the Bible is NOT the same authority as a world known Dictionary of the English language. Bible meanings are written in the Bible by men seeking to put forth their own interpretations to push forth their particular form of " religious " agenda. So just because the Bible recognizes that the term " generation " isn't only 30 years - does not make the Bible true.

You mention Jesus use of the term " generation " in Matthew 24 : 34 and yeah, very true - the Jews DID remain until 70 C.E. only 37 years after Jesus predicted that Jerusalem would be devastated and destroyed- so even in THAT instance even the Bible in Jesus own words recognized that a generation came crashing down 37 years later after Jesus spoke those words about that 30 year or so " generation ". So the Bible must be inconsistent if on one occasion it recognizes a 30 year " generation " period, yet in other places it does not. One reason we cannot trust the Bible in providing accurate definitions regarding definitions, right ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• tornapart
    tornapart

Loyalty to God.... in JW speak means 'Loyalty to the WBTS... the Organisation'.

• flipper
    flipper

LISABOBEESA- Thanks for providing all of those words and expressions ! Really good examples ! Thanks. It really shows just how manipulative and controlling the WT Society is in deceiving JW members minds. Very subtly trying to get JW's to trust them with every expression coming from WT leaders.

ON THE WAY OUT- Good examples. Yeah, indeed Russel thought a generation was 40 years back then. Isn't it amazing how the WT leaders morphed the " generation " teaching into a now overlapping 134 year debacle at this current point ? Very good point about " Christendom " as well and quite arrogant on WT leaders part to insinuate that ALL of Christendom is wicked outside of Jehovah's Witnesses yet not include themselves among " Christendom " even though JW's claim they are " christian " - allegedly. Personally- I think they are all " crazy " , not " Christian " in ANY sense. Spirit directed, inspired, it goes on and on, never ending.

TORNAPART- Exactly, " Loyalty " to the WT Society is being loyal to WT leaders and the organization , not God

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

In German they seem to make the following distinction, I am not sure if it is similar in English.

On the one hand:

Christentum (=christendom?): true followers of Christ, the only true religion, first century christians and now only JW

in the dictionary: a world religion based on the teachings of Jesus of Nazaret, starting of from Judaism

On the other hand:

Christenheit (=christianity?): all the others who claim to follow Jesus, who in their definition therefore are only pretenders, fals religion, especially Catholics.

in the dictionary: seems to bee the same as "Christentum", maybe a little more emphasis on the collective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit