Constructive feedback for AAWA leadership (IMHO)

by besty 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“…the distinction between front of house efforts and back-office projects was obvious to me.”

Besty,

The main difference between a “back-office” initiative and a “front-office” initiative is financial resources.

There are precious few spending thousands and thousands of their hard earned dollars in order to help people just like you. They coordinate their activity and resources as much as they can, given the resources. Among other things, AAWA was to help consolidate some resources to provide a bit of relief to these not by reducing how much they donate of their own time and money but to augment that by providing a structure through which others could help.

“…[AAWA] chose not to build a proven, enduring structure in the offline world which could really help people…”

Offline? What the hell are you talking about? Cooperative associations of people have nothing to do with online or offline. People make the difference. Good people can make a good difference. The internet is a tool, not an end. And, since you apparently are unaware, the founders of AAWA spent considerable time “online” to form and birth a structure that was intended from day one to grow and improve from the start. But rather than pitching in to help directly the peanut gallery here was content to revel in its own preferential views and speculations.

Based on what you go on to write you don’t have the foggiest idea how to build a structure to support and grow an international collaborative of people in the form of an association.

Your initial premise is flat out false, and your newly concocted apologia for that premise suffers from the same disease.

Marvin Shilmer

• trujw
    trujw

Marvin I will take you up on that what is John cedars number so I can call him.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I don't doubt that Cedars is a good person, I just feel that he needs more empathy for the group that he wants to help.”

Paralipomenon,

I don’t know anyone who’s more in people’s face than me when the need arises. If Cedar’s style puts you off then my recommendation is to ignore his style and focus on what he gets done when he gets it done.

Otherwise, a few direct and respectful exchanges of communications with Cedars will quickly remove the idea that Cedars lacks empathy, and particularly for folks in the JW and ex-JW community.

Cedars is a good hearted man. He wants to do good and he will do good. More than most understand, he feels the pains and fears typical to people who realize Watchtower has been using them and posturing to control them from day one.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Marvin I will take you up on that what is John cedars number so I can call him.”

trujw,

I recommend crawling before walking.

To speak with Cedars by phone you’ll have to earn a degree of trust. My recommendation is that you start just like I did. Send him an email and let things follow their natural course. His email is available on his blog.

Marvin Shilmer

• besty
    besty

ye alright Marvin - glad you are happy to engage in non-confrontational dialog - what a charming fellow you are. :-) such a beautifully written way to make your point - thanks - I can learn a lot from you.

• trujw
    trujw

What's his number? I will call him also Marvin to do all this good shouldn't he be a real person? Do people run for city council as a cartoon character? Did Raymond Franz change the jw world hiding behind an avatar. I am glad YOU know him so well maybe he should do a meet and greet in Arizona what is he hiding?

• trujw
    trujw

I need to crawl to a cartoon character? Then maybe the great and powerful cedar will talk to me.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Peanut gallery ? can someone explain this saying to me please.

I would hope it is not a veiled insult calling us members here monkeys.

Yes there are many intelligent jw's - and ex-jw's. How someone measures intelligence is another matter entirely.

Does one equate academic qualities with intelligence.

Does one a level of experience in association building. Also there are many variets of associations, relevant to subject matter.

Did anyone from AAWA ask here at the forum for help/assistance/constructive input. I'm quite certain had people been asked in the first place to assist they would only be to happy to conrribute their time.

Was Simon asked beforehand for his input/assistance.

Is it for the members here to contact the AAWA members or is it the duty of the board to reach out to others when marketing their company.

Second-hand knowledge and speculative gossip, people responded to the information/action of AAWA.

They 'JWN eye in particular' what is intented by that.

I for one knew nothing about this secretive organisation that was being founded - maybe some others had inside knowledge.

The first I knew of it was when it was announced here by the President, but for that I for one would not of even known it existed. i do know, and the posts are there to prove it, everybody was fully supportive of the organisation as it was presented. There were negative opinions on the choice of name, but that was it.

It would appear what caused the furore was the facebook debacle whereby people were outed. peoples lives. Not business, not brand, not product, LIVES, were affected.

After announcing their new organisation themselves, here on this public forum, the company did not make a statement to the members to assure them matters were immediately being recitifed.

It would appear from that point everything went downhill.

True or not.

Because I think the only thing that matters here to a lot of people is truth and trust. Some don't care, some do.

regards

lost

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville , a nickname for the cheapest (and ostensibly rowdiest) seats in the theater, the occupants of which were all too willing (in the view of the performer) to heckle .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_gallery

Unlike so many others here, I’ve gone out of my way to make direct contact with founders of this association. I’ve done this for a variety of reasons, but one reason is to avoid making bad assessments based on secondhand information and speculative gossip. What you write above can only have come from the latter because with firsthand knowledge I know better.

Marvin Shilmer

Spot on

• *lost*
    *lost*

So it is an insulting term directed at the members here is it ?

I just want to nail that down and make sure there are no mis-understandings or perconceived notions.

Because I wouldn't want to think someone is being very condescending and looking down their noses at others and being highly insulting and pissing all over everyone because they think they have some God given right to do so and then go stratospheric here thinking I am being insulted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit