Constructive feedback for AAWA leadership (IMHO)

by besty 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I haven't seen any criticism of any good works, Marvin. We all appreciate the hard work that has been done and use it in our own ways.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

RE BOC comment : "Print it yourself. Do it yourself. Isn't this why God invented the Internet in the first place?" NO Sir, Al Gore did that

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I love this debate.”

trujw,

I’m not trying to rain on your perceptions, but there is no debate going on. Or, perhaps better said, I’m not engaged in any debate.

What’s going on here is a wrongheaded toasting of folks who want to do good and made mistakes in the process. Guess what? This forum that everyone loves so much—including me—has had its own share of serious mistakes along the way, including distribution of information participants would have rather kept private.

You know what else? One thing that saved this forum years ago was instigation of an appropriate measure of organization that distributed a little of the load.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Thinking back to what helped me the most when I first began to investigate. It was sites such as Freeminds especially... and reading people's experiences who seemed no different to me.”

brinjen,

And you know what? Freeminds’ CEO has been Randy Watters from day one. And you know what else? It took an appropriate measure of organization and collaboration for Freeminds to accomplish the very thing so many have found helpful over the years.

Randy Watters will tell you in a heartbeat that Freeminds’ many accomplishments are the result of folks working together toward a relatively well focused goal of helping people captured in high-control groups. Randy has written about this numerous times.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I haven't seen any criticism of any good works, Marvin.”

Black Sheep,

You apparently miss the point. The very first premise this discussion is founded upon is false.

Marvin Shilmer

• trujw
    trujw

To be serious it was the way in which Cedars handle himself when problems arrived that is causing the various disagreements not the fact or not you can use various corporations and people to help. You can't announce something as grandiose as the one true anti-watchtower site with so many problems especially on this site with some of the best minds in xjw land then blow all of us off when we disagree. Sorry been there done that. I hope it is the most successful group in the history of time but unless cedars is willing to change his current line of thinking their will be many more mistakes to follow.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

trujw -

I dont know you however, after what I have just read from Marvin S - you wrote this -

"I love this debate. Marvin bam! Just kicked some knowledge. So glad we have a forum to express the various viewpoints. Thanks Simon."

What the HECK is wrong with you??? Why the Glee in seeing a response to a very serious issue that many folks have WORKED SO HARD on behalf of so many.

I for one am appaled and ashamed (yes AA) at the the "tongue and cheek" motives some folks have used to create their own fictional personna,

IT is amazing how folks who have NO LIFE want to create one (and the BIG troubles for others) right here on this Board,

No one person EVER deserves that.

Ya'll (yes a southern term used by Kenneth on 30 Rock) should be ashamed for behaving so badly

nite out

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“To be serious it was the way in which Cedars handle himself when problems arrived that is causing the various disagreements not the fact or not you can use various corporations and people to help.”

trujw,

And so what?

Do you know how many people Simon has pissed off?

Do you know how many people I’ve pissed off?

Probably you’ve pissed off a few people yourself. I don’t know and don’t care.

If you’re looking for a CEO who can navigate in a way that everyone will laud then you might as well wait for the biblical Jesus to return. Oh. I forgot. Jesus pissed off some people, too. You might just be out of luck when it comes to finding a person who handles himself in a way that does no put off at least a few folks.

Here’s my impression of Cedars: I PISSED CEDARS OFF nearly from day one of his participation here. Know what else? It didn’t bother me one bit that I offended the man. You know what else? CEDARS PISSED ME OFF TOO. And so what? Aren’t we supposed to be adults here? Shouldn’t adults know that sometimes competent adults do stupid things? Shouldn’t adults know that sometimes competent adults handle themselves different than we would?

You know why I can listen to Cedars? Because I feel free to disagree with him without worrying about it. You know what I do then? I move on to something productive.

You know why Cedars can listen to me? Because he feels free to disagree with me without worrying about it. Then he moves on to something productive.

This very day I spoke with Cedars on the phone. He’s not changed! He was a good man. He still is a good man. A very good man. You know what else? He's much bigger than quite a few folks I see and read here, including me.

Marvin Shilmer

• brinjen
    brinjen

Marvin Shilmer... I guess that's the point isn't it? More gets done when a goal is established to help rather than to destroy. After all, the more you help escape that mind control the less there are to be controlled in the first place. The WTBTS is nothing without it's followers.

• trujw
    trujw

Dream golfer debate is how one gains different perspective on ideas and thoughts. Sorry you don't agree. I actually do have a life I am going to play poker tonight with many friends but tomorrow i will respond as to why I commented the way I did in further details. Thank you for sharing your thoughts both of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit