Constructive feedback for AAWA leadership (IMHO)

by besty 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Marvin Shilmer

I don’t know anyone who’s more in people’s face than me when the need arises. If Cedar’s style puts you off then my recommendation is to ignore his style and focus on what he gets done when he gets it done.

Otherwise, a few direct and respectful exchanges of communications with Cedars will quickly remove the idea that Cedars lacks empathy, and particularly for folks in the JW and ex-JW community.

Cedars is a good hearted man. He wants to do good and he will do good. More than most understand, he feels the pains and fears typical to people who realize Watchtower has been using them and posturing to control them from day one.

I think this is the disconnect people are experiencing. Saying someone has empathy is one thing, but if the person isn't demonstrating empathy, it makes it difficult to accept.

People were really hurt by what occured.

It is like AAWA accidently ran over somone with a car then got out and started arguing with the person that they aren't really hurt and that he didn't run them over.

That's not empathy, it's rather a dick move.

If you hurt someone, either directly or indirectly, try to make ammends. Immediately deleting the Facebook group so others didn't get hurt and appologizing for what occured would have diffused just about all drama related to it. I'm sure even people that were outed would have been hurt, but realized it was an accident.

You say he is a very empathetic person, he needs to start showing it to everyone, not just you.

• Simon
    Simon

I think it comes down to putting people in positions that play to their strengths and what they are good at.

Want someone good to talk on camera? Yeah, you really don't want to pick me. You get the point.

Apparently work is underway to resolve issues so hopefully things can be finally sorted out and all the AAWA stuff can stop monopolizing the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit