Constructive feedback for AAWA leadership (IMHO)

by besty 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Did anyone actually support the name apart from the president himself?

I've read comments from people who hate the name, some who merely dislike it, and some who are prepared to tolerate it. I can't remember a single person actually being enthusiastic about it, apart from the president.

• booby
    booby

Sooo!! Not anti watchtower eh! "I'm not anti-watchtower, as is common knowledge here. I disagree with a fair amount of doctrinal and practice aspects, I abhor the historic revisionism, and I agree that not a small number of people do get damaged by the religious group I'm a member of." So are you saying you are okay with those things or are you maybe a leetle bit anti. Just sayin.

• Simon
    Simon
    I’m not sure what this refers to.

The AAWA should have shown a lot more care with who they allow to join their group.

Right now, if what I'm hearing is correct, the AAWA is now in my "would not support under any circumstances" box.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Wow.....

I have been buried with work the last week, off JWN and missed all this....

I get a lot of fading JWs wanting to have lunch, call, yak etc during the week. I think everyone has open wounds from WTBTS abuse...and can be a little touchy.

Lots of thoughtful points here from different ones. Personally I want to give KUDOS to ANYONE willing to devote the needed time to take on the mult-billion dollar WTBTS. Every little bit helps...but sometimes it takes a LONG time. MADD.. mothers against drunk driving...has changed laws in many states but many still drive drunk. Lung and Heart associations vs big tabacco....situation improved but people still smoke.

Facebook groups is a pain. Security/privacy settings change constantly.

I would like to suggest EVERYONE use a fake email account, a secondary Facebook profile, and CC cleaner if they NEED to surf the web in secret. Loyal JWs work at Yahoo and Google according to some active JW contacts in the Silicon Valley. A Valley friend was outed and Df'ed as a result.

As far as agreeing and disagreeing with EX-JWs..is not having FREEDOM of thought why we leave the BORG?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

booby,

think of me what you will. Not agreeing with X doesn't make me anti-X necessarily, does it?

Eden

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

think of me what you will. Not agreeing with X doesn't make me anti-X necessarily, does it?

Amongst us here absolutely not, in front of 3 of your elders unfortunately very much so for you and so many in your situation.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

That's why I rather be here than in front of 3 Elders ... ;) But yes, I hear ya ...

Eden

• booby
    booby

Witness My Fury - You said "I think a lot of ex JWs fall into the pitfall of overplaying the GBs interest level in them.

I'm willing to bet the GB rarely discusses anything apostates are doing or saying and are more than likely completely unaware of the AAWA launch and subsequent developements. Sure some lackies may well be assigned to monitor what is going on but even that is a risky strategy (as they could turn) and is more likely just done on an ad hoc basis if at all."

And that is prolly why they threatened the old Quotes site out of existence. They have more lawyers than they do have GB members prolly for a good reason. It is surprising the "new lite" didn't declare that the "lawyers at the headquarters represent the faithful and discreet slave".

• venetian
    venetian

I notice several people on this thread have recommended a reboot of AAWA, I think it was Ty and Outlaw.

Maybe the lengthy time their website has been down means they're doing just that.

This could be a very positive sign.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea that's it. (gag)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit