Constructive feedback for AAWA leadership (IMHO)

by besty 141 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Yes Outlaw. That may be the only answer.

There are hundreds of ExJW Facebook Groups and Pages. Each one of them is subjected to the same security issues.

I was surprised looking through my own list how many of these groups I was added to and the various security settings they do or do not have set.

Facebook desparately needs a security option in personal settings that allows the user to forbid being added to groups without consent.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Yes Outlaw. That may be the only answer.

Apparently it is..

It`s would Impossible to Guarantee any AAWA Members "saftey" on FaceBook with those Conditions..

It`s not a matter of "IF" more JW`s will be Outed on AAWA FaceBook..

It`s a matter of "When" more JW`s will be Outed on AAWA FaceBook..

AAWA FaceBook Page is a Time Bomb..

That Refresh`s itself after Every Disaster..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• Simon
    Simon
    Will my information be shared by anyone outside of the AAWA

Sorry, I should have been clearer that I wasn't refering to just facebook with that.

They are the kind of questions I'd be asking myself if I was considering getting involved with a group like the AAWA so they should have answers. You can't wait for people to ask them because lack of ready and accessible answers is an answer in itself.

The response to questions can't be that 'you're a gallery of peanuts out to get us'.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

These are in no way AAWA's official responses.

So why post them?

They are only how I would answer for the sake of discussion.

It's funny how Simon's suggested FAQs don't even address Facebook, but Tylin and another AWAA member here keep obfuscating with useless and often contradictory Facebook tutorials for days on end.

Really, enough about Facebook. It's not a legitimate platform to carry out AWAA's stated mission. End of. Period.

Facebook didn't "out" any faders, zealous AWAA members did. No tweaking of settings can fix their horrendous jackass response (or non-response). The Facebook blame-shifting only makes them look worse for it.

There are hundreds of ExJW Facebook Groups and Pages. Each one of them is subjected to the same security issues.

Blah blah blah Facebook blah blah blah. Hundreds of other groups and pages are not the problem. Somebody stick a fork in that dead horse, because it's DONE.
  • Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Oh I understand now what you mean.

Members information would never be shared to other parties as a policy and such is stated and requested of each member to adhere to.

AND you are right. These questions should already be stated and answered on a FAQ board preferably on the Public Website. Maybe they will be there if it ever goes back online.

I think there are a handful that are attempting to keep an open dialogue going by participating in the discussion with observations of what is happening with AAWA despite some very bold personal attacks on character such as one JWN member towards me on various threads.

Marvin answered questions and gave some insights that were new to me. Maybe he likes peanut butter.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

So why post them?

Why should I not? You complain when there is no dialogue and you complain when there is.

It's funny how Simon's suggested FAQs don't even address Facebook

AAWA's issues stem from AAWA's Facebook Group. Of course they are pertinent, relevant and closely connected.

Hundreds of other groups and pages are not the problem

Nor have they had them and that speaks volumes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Hundreds of other groups and pages are not the problem
    Nor have they had them and that speaks volumes.

No it doesn`t..

AAWA members need to be protected for obvious reasons..

Security at FaceBook doesn`t Measure Up to what AAWA Requires..

It can`t be fixed by even the "Best of Intentions",of someone Only Trying to do Good..

For the Sake of Security,AAWA needs to Change Venues..

Arguing otherwise..

Puts innocent people at a very real risk..

Just move the Forum to Someplace Safe..

No more controversy,AAWA can Safely carry on..

Problem Solved..

....................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

These are also Facebook Groups. Why is their protection any different than AAWA?

Ex Jehovah's Witness Recovery Group 3
    The End is Nigh...Again
    Im Perfect, You're Doomed
    Stopping the Madness-Tales from Jehovah's Witness Upbringing
    THis Genereation Will Not Pass Away 100 Year Anniversary
    Ex-Jehovah's Witness- No Paradise For Us
    Ex JW's South Africa Care
    Music Against the Watchtower
    You Know You Were A Jehovah's Witness When...
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Anonymous
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Love Being EX!!! Freedom!!!
    Apostate Ninja
    Ex Jehovah's Witness Chat Lounge
    Apostate & Es-Jehovalarious Meme COllection
    Support for Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses
    Gay and Lesbian Ex Jehovah's Witnesses
    Jehovah's Witnesses & Biblical Discussion Group
    Christian Witnesses Fellowship(Ex Jehovah's Witnesses & Friends)
    The Vast Apostate Army
    Peacefully Advocating Change!Exposing Watchtower
    Jehovah's Witnesses-Former Bethelites
    Apostate Blood Sausage Connoisseurs
    Lovers of Freedom Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Recovery
    Letters from Real Jehovah's Witnesses
    Freethinkers of the World
    US Southern Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses
    A Call to Action: Bring down the Watchtower
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses: Happy to be Free
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Exploring our Spirituality

• free2beme
    free2beme

I will say one thing, ... the customer is not always right, the customer is more then not WRONG! What the customer is doing, is playing an age old tool to try and break the rules, excuse their own stupidity or scam someone with guilt. I have no clue who the AAWA is, probably another failed attempt by former JWs to fix lives by arguing out everything. But I hate that comment on the customer always being right.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

These are also Facebook Groups. Why is their protection any different than AAWA?

Ex Jehovah's Witness Recovery Group 3
    The End is Nigh...Again
    Im Perfect, You're Doomed
    Stopping the Madness-Tales from Jehovah's Witness Upbringing
    THis Genereation Will Not Pass Away 100 Year Anniversary
    Ex-Jehovah's Witness- No Paradise For Us
    Ex JW's South Africa Care
    Music Against the Watchtower
    You Know You Were A Jehovah's Witness When...
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Anonymous
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Love Being EX!!! Freedom!!!
    Apostate Ninja
    Ex Jehovah's Witness Chat Lounge
    Apostate & Es-Jehovalarious Meme COllection
    Support for Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses
    Gay and Lesbian Ex Jehovah's Witnesses
    Jehovah's Witnesses & Biblical Discussion Group
    Christian Witnesses Fellowship(Ex Jehovah's Witnesses & Friends)
    The Vast Apostate Army
    Peacefully Advocating Change!Exposing Watchtower
    Jehovah's Witnesses-Former Bethelites
    Apostate Blood Sausage Connoisseurs
    Lovers of Freedom Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Recovery
    Letters from Real Jehovah's Witnesses
    Freethinkers of the World
    US Southern Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses
    A Call to Action: Bring down the Watchtower
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses: Happy to be Free
    Ex Jehovah's Witnesses Exploring our Spirituality

You already know the answer. It's been discussed ad nauseam. Those groups didn't force-add 1,000 people and then retain them as "members", thus outing some of them/potentially outing more (or if they have, nobody's mentioned it).

The members of those other groups chose to be there. They chose to share their names and info with those groups and other members, they chose to be associated with those causes.

Another friend of mine just came back online today after a long family vacation - turns out she also was added to AAWA weeks ago and knew nothing about it, because she's been AFK.

As long as AAWA retains the people they force-added, not only does it make them disingenuous, rude jerks trying to pad/astroturf their numbers...but their protection/security is simply not up to par. It doesn't matter if the group is 'secret'; some of those people continue to be at risk - at the very least, their names are available to other group members, including apologists and moles. Telling people that if they are online and if they realize they were added and if an opt-out post even appears in their news feed, and if they then even notice that opt-out post, that then they can decide to leave...is nowhere near enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit