Public Apology Nathan Natas

by Simon 115 Replies latest forum announcements

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'd like to make a simliar appeal for Palmie. I know and have met up with her and her husband many times, she is genuinely a good person

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Wow, a lot have people have been banned and they still have much support here! They might have moved on to other venues to fill the void they may have felt.

Nathan Natas was banned over alleged threats made to Cedars.

Welcoming him back here is a clear message to Cedars.

• Simon
    Simon

Before more 'petitions' start let's get some things clear:

Sometimes deletion is clear and obvious, there are some things that I don't think should ever be tollerated or can ever be excused.

Most times people are deleted because they repeatedly break the rules and take things too far and things come to a head. Deleting is a last option but sometimes people leave us no choice. If people want to post on here they need to abide by the rules and if they cannot do that then they are not welcome. I will not tollerate harrassment of people.

It's naieve to believe that after 13 (?) years I won't have made some mistakes and wrong decisions along the way but this is not any kind of general amnesty or us throwing the doors open. There are some people that I think are so vile and loathsome I never want them on my site ever again.

People don't always know the full circumstances and reasons and I know some 'deletees' have put their own spin on things that haven't matched the facts. Unfortunately, while exposing the background information would be very convenient to me, I genuinely value some standards of privacy so prefer not to so I'm afraid the best I can do is just say "you have to trust me"

But, I do recognize I'm bound to have made mistakes, reacted hastily or things got too heated at the time and we've now moved on. So if people do want to post on the site they should email me and we can talk.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"When I started reading here, I didn't know who Palmtree67 was. Her life was HARD. Her relatives, weird. I could relate. lol I read her old posts, she has been through he!!.

I found her honest, caring, sharing and funny. I never read or saw anything that she wrote, that wasn't one of those things.

To make a long story short, I found out, that I know her. I was at her first wedding. Her parents, especially her mom, was making fun of her in front of everybody, at her own wedding reception! It was unbelievable! I had always wondered, what happened to that sweet child. Then I joined up here. Not knowing anyone. But at about the time I realized who Palmtree67 was, she didn't post anymore. I can't imagine the hurt for someone like her, with all she has been through, to be banned from this site. It rather turned my stomach, when I realized if it could happen to Palmtree67, it could happen even to me.

Can you find it in your heart, to allow my little friend, Palmtree67, back into the "fold"? She is of our kind. She is a help and I am sure many have missed her."

Oh, I didn't know she was banned. I saw her with the forum member TEC in a picture in a photo-thread. I think they both are nice women.

I once was a bit rude to the lady TEC, but we cleared it out. I am happy that I wasn't banned!

Anyway, I am happy that I am not a moderator here......moderating can be very hard sometimes.

I hope everything is fine with Palmtree.

• caliber
    caliber

Well said Simon ... you would have made a great court judge

your sense of timing in actions on the board seem almost a perfect fit

The reason game shows say" the judges decision is final" becomes very evident here

everyone has to get thier two cents in expanding an exclusive decision ... A crafty way of averting this rule.....

Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
    If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll contact her. I have no idea if she even knows of the firestorm here the last few weeks

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Palm is doing fine and has moved on. We're friends on Facebook and I'm glad we made that connection before she got the boot here. She's a sweet funny and smart lady. I don't think she wants to come back but she might be talked into it.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

CAliber: No, I am not questioning Simon. I was just surprised that she was banned.

Mrs Jones! Happy to hear that she is fine!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

We're supposed to get together whe she returns. We're only about 3 hours from each other so we usually make a visitr to each other when traveling

• venetian
    venetian

Wow! Palm too?

Still its really nice to see a welcome for NN again, his posts were a must read for me, especially when i was first extiing the WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit