The Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA) [WARNING]

by Simon 226 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I am always nice to you LOST, I have never attempted to bully you and if you perceive it that way I sincerely apologize.

I welcome and look forward to your perspective and additions to discussion. We have shared some insults with each other(albeit none of mine were deleted by Simon) but we have made amends. I hoped we had anyway.

When my posts are misconstrued to mean something I did not intend it is my right to clarify through participation.

If what I have to offer bothers you, it is not something I am striving to achieve.

BetterDaze said:

That is exactly what Tylin wants me to do: Share my email so they can retaliate for noting disturbing comments THEY made on JWN

What gives you the inclination to think this is what I want you or anyone to do? Why do you assume I would condone or instigate any type of retaliation on anyone?

When I say I don't want anybody to do anything it was in reference to offering your email. I do not presume to know what the request for email information is other than to register on AAWA. I don't care if you are anybody chooses to offer it or not.

• Simon
    Simon
    So people with email don't know how to create a second email address (hushmail, gmail, yahoo, whatever) to use for secret/private things like activism?
    This is a legitimate issue?

No, that is not the issue. Please read my previous posts which explain it.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Why are AAWA using Facebook as their main forum, I don't get it?.. Even the crazy people at Jwtalk have a more secure forum, and with them there is no real potential for harm (as in somebody being outed). 'How much more so'...

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

So,

Simon makes a fictitious email account named tylinbrando2 @ gmail.

He then heads over to AAWA's websight and enters the email address and checks his answers.

He makes sure to check my true Facebook identity, and enters my FB # or name in the appropriate box.

AAWA administrators look up the Facebook account and if my privacy settings allow for it they send me an invitation to join the AAWA group along with a message that says you used the following email address to contact us: tylinbrando2 @ gmail

1. I have the option to accept or decline the invitation. I am not being "force added"

2. I now have the opportunity to reply that that is not my correct email address.

3. Or I am a mole working with Simon and I accept the invitation and never say a word about the erroneous email account.

I believe clarification will be forthcoming.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

u forgot the request for other forum aliases

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

yes Simon could enter my forum aliases as further confirmation in the questionaire because it is optional.

• Simon
    Simon

I've just replied to an email by Cedars who think's I'm only interested in theatre and causing panic. I am not.

If information is voluntary then it is not needed so why ask for it? Having information you shouldn't have means it can easily be exposed or misused (whether by accident or design) and if you cannot verify the information then this can be used to manipulate you to harm the AAWA or others.

The only people who can 'out' someone are those who have their information. The whole point of what I'm saying is to prevent identities being compromised both now and in future. The first step to exposing information is to record it. There are simple best practices around for information management that are critical for an organization like the AAWA to follow and they should already know and be following them.
  • Simon
    Simon

Two problems:

Those who tell the truth have now given information to a group who didn't need it ... why? How are they going to use it? Can they guarantee that it will never be misused or exposed? What if court action compells it to be handed over? What if someone falls out with them in the AAWA and wants to cause them damage (*cough*, Julia Barrick Douglas incident *cough*) they have the information to do it.

Those who lie can use this optinal information to manipulate people. So, I put my email address (picking something that sounds like it would be believable) and a fake facebook id, oh, and I'll put someone else's forum alias who looks legit and is a true-blue-apostate. Great. At some point in the future unverified information has a habit of becoming 'fact' and being treated as such. I do some bad things to the AAWA, hey the facebook account vanishes and the email address was throwaway so then you start going after the innocent guy on the other site. Or, I get to use someone else's good reputation to infiltrate a bunch who don't have good precedures in place to protect themselves, their volunteers or their victims.

There are reasons for 'best practices' in the collection and management of information and why they should be followed.

• Simon
    Simon
    yes Simon could enter my forum aliases as further confirmation in the questionaire because it is optional.

How do you know I'm not already you?

Ah ha !

Wait, then who am I?

The mystery deepens ... "wooooh" [start scooby doo music]

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

EXACTLY! Panic is a strong word. I am concerned though. I appreciate your willingness to express yours. Instead of pointing out your theatrics I would like affirmation that the concerns have no basis and WHY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit