Problems with the "Bogus AWAA Fan Page"..

by OUTLAW 447 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is AAWA hiding behind its own "two witnesses" rule to justify putting their unwitting "overlapping" members at risk?

• Simon
    Simon

Tylinbrando/zed: let's not get into personal attacks / insults - we all just want the same thing - to see this all cleared up and people not put at any risk.

• Angharad
    Angharad

"Unless they come forward with their story and personal timeline of events by examining their own activity log on Facebook, we cant put the pieces together and it remains assumption and speculation."

So you are expecting them to come forward publicaly with their timeline which would then further out them by linking their real or FB name to their JWN username, opening up all their posts for someone to hold against them?

• flipper
    flipper

ANGHARAD- I agree. Precisely the same point I made toward the bottom of page 20. Why would ex-JW's come out in the open now to say they've been outed- thus outing themselves even more ? Doesn't make sense

• Simon
    Simon

I think the problem with asking for people to report it before you accept there is an issue is you're asking someone who may have suffered exposure of their identity to just expose more personal information to you (e.g. email address).

Please please please stop with the reactive statements and telling us everything is OK - I think it's clear that the potential still exists for this to cause problems for people. You cannot have a group that is both secret and secure and at the same time has open invites for people to join. Unless you have a way of vetting every member that joins (hopefully, it's locked down now to admin-approval only as well as secret?) then there will always be a risk. And given that I don't think the WTS even has a way to prove membership you proving non-membership is impossible.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

We will never know how many faders could lose their families over this faux pas. To minimize what was done is grossly unconscionable.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING AN EX-JW CAN DO IS OUT A FADER. NO OTHER GOOD WORKS CAN NEGATE THAT FACT!

zed

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

So you are expecting them to come forward publicaly with their timeline which would then further out them by linking their real or FB name to their JWN username, opening up all their posts for someone to hold against them?

No Anghard. Of course not. I meant to review their activity log personally as I did to see if it reveals anything not clear or apparent to them before. That is what I did out of sheer confusion as to what was going on and as to what I was reading on the forum.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

tylinbrando said

2. I was added to a "fans" facebook group that was mimicking the Official AAWA group. That "fan's" page at the time had AAWA logos all over it and appeared all over my news feed. Several of my Facebook friends made comments to this fact (some of them current and active JWs). Upon realizing the group was not the Official Secret AAWA group I removed myself. Shortly after that "fan's" group page changed it's name and graphics.

I've been looking at the timeline and i think the above prolly happened to my friend too because AAWA appeared on his facebook page a few days before the 1000 were added.

no damage has been done but yes it was a near miss.

Plus there is spin and then there is spin. What cedars has written on the AAWA page is a good lesson in self esteem building and in not allowing mistakes and negativity to get one down so low that one cannot get up. In a balanced way he also addressed all of the issues (mine anyway) in an honest manner and did not employ the sort of spin the WT uses.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

You all have made good and honest observations along with some profound concerns. I hope you are wrong Zed about people losing their families and it is AAWA that is directly and irrevocably to blame. AAWA has requested that those individuals email them. I wonder what would be said though and I wonder if any who were truly outed by the official AWAA group would even have the desire to get further involved through communication.

I personally want to see AAWA succeed primarily because I respect the work of the founders and board members. I will try to remain positive and abjective at the same time. I hope they will continue to address the concerns and evolve into a successful entity uniting the ExJW community. It is a daunting task but I for one want to be part of solutions and not problems.

I appreciate most of your comments. I genuinely hope there can be some common ground moving forward.

• Simon
    Simon

I think we all support and applaud the efforts that people make and no one doubts or questions their motivation or intent, we just want to see people protected and safe and any mistakes resolved.

If all the people in that group WANT to be members as they claim then delete it and they can easily re-join a new one. Isn't that the quickest, safest and simplest solution right now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit