Problems with the "Bogus AWAA Fan Page"..

by OUTLAW 447 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

This is exactly the issue ... there are already identities in the 1300 people who were joined who are either completely unknown or known apologists and there doesn't appear to be any barrier to membership. Having a secret group and then announcing it to the world seems to defeat the purpose and IMO facebook is NOT SUITABLE for this kind of thing for people who could suffer severe negative consequences if their identities were revealed to family or the WTS.

I agree with that Simon. It would stand to reason that of those 1300 some are even unaware that they have been added. But wasn't this address by AAWA by making a statement on their page and mass PMing those 1300 members? I suppose time will tell if some come forward with problems.

So what is the solution? The group wont go away. Should all members be deleted and then they can request to be added on their own? Perhaps the damage if there is any or will be any has already been done.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

She does count. And she was outed by a fan page mimicking AAWA's official Secret Group just like I was. That is the facts.

Thats not what rebel, Dagney and others have said. Where is your evidence they are wrong?

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I'm pleased for you but that's just YOUR experience. The group was made open (previous statements), membership has not been controlled and they are still promoting people to join which ultimately means identities could already be and continue to be revealed.

You are right that is my experience and it may vary from what others have claimed. However, I do not agree with JVs statement that the Group was made open. I only have to review my activity log and observe my FB account from another source to see that the Official AAWA Group was always Secret.

Also, AAWA's statement says membership is being controlled by internal protocols.

Perhaps it is just spin, bullsh*t, and boloney as well.

• flipper
    flipper

TYLINBRANDO- The last thing that ex-JWs would want to do now is come on the board and say they've been outed- especialy if they've already BEEN outed ! Why ? So they can get outed again ? Think about it. Simon is correct- you won't know or hear about many of these " outed " individuals experiences for awhile until things simmer down- if in fact you EVER hear from them again ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Thats not what rebel, Dagney and others have said. Where is your evidence they are wrong?

Where is their evidence that says they are right? See how it works? Burden of proof.

I can take them at their word. I have no problem with that but then it makes AAWA untruthful.

I am going off the facts that I can discern through my experience dealing with the AAWA Facebook dilema.

I am curious how other and their personal "outing" story fits into the facts.

Unless they come forward with their story and personal timeline of events by examining their own activity log on Facebook, we cant put the pieces together and it remains assumption and speculation.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Flipper I really do understand. I agree with what you are saying. I have experienced it. I only wish those who never wanted to be "outed" would have used another way(identity) to engage with the ExJW world. Much the way the majority on this Forum have done. So much of this nightmare could be averted. Perhaps that is the best lesson learned for fading or fringe JWs wishing to fly uinder the radar.

• Simon
    Simon

Are you saying you want TWO WITNESSES ?!?!?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Rebel said she was outed by being added to the AAWA Facebook group. The AAWA representative with the Mexican hat has admitted people were added to the AAWA Facebook page without their consent and that it was open for a time. What more proof do you need? You are being utterly ridiculous.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Perhaps......Yep sounds like a a weasal word.

Anyone can get up on a soapbox and dribble their truth. The internet made that soapbox worldwide. We've all experianced our fair share of self appointed destroyers of the WT organization and watched an epic fail each time. Yes, yes, it was never their fault for their failure, but those who refused to support them. Let these people do the same. They may burn out, and they may go on for many years. But either way, their responses to date give them little to distinguish them from the organization that we all belonged to at one time. Just more of the excuse making for predictions that didn't pan out, and accusations against straw men enemies.

I'm going to set back now as I have with others who have set up web pages to take on the WT directly. Do I expect much? No not really. But it is their right to do so in this country and in many others.

Unfortunately, they had a great opportunity to really get the momentum going with so many people looking for a focal point. It didn't work out that way, Likely due to their own shortsightedness and lack of experiance. Blaming others just made it worse and revealed how green they are.

I'm no fan of the WT and as far as I'm concerned, the WT is no better than any organization that foments hate against other human beings. They really are ideally arm in arm with organizations like the KKK.

With that said, when in error, why mimick the organization that landed us all here. Why not some transparency and honesty and most of all, why hide behind an anonymous identity if you aren't in a position to reveal one's self. Let others take the lead and support it from a safe distance. Others have done so in the past. I'm sure there were a lot of closet supporters of equal rights in the 60's, but because of their home situation or job situation, weren't able to walk arm in arm in the streets with your face spread on the front pages of newspapers.

Despite all the splinter groups out there, I really hope a group of sincire individuals organize the many many ex JW's out there. I don't see this group accomplishing this. But they, like any of us here, can open a corp up and file the govt paperwork for the non profit status. It's their legal right to do so. Even if it eventually gets dismissed as a joke.

But most of all. Please don't make it easy for the WT and it's minions of apologists to just tear it down with it's own incompetancy.

Sorry I had to go back and edit my spelling and grammical errors.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Tylin,

It appears that YOU are the one horny for Cedars!

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit