Problems with the "Bogus AWAA Fan Page"..

by OUTLAW 447 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I believe some constructive critcism has been stated on the forum and AAWA may benefit by taking an honest look at it. Many concerns that have been stated are valid and I would say motivated from a desire to see AAWA improve and succeed.

Some of the dissent has not been helpful and instead baseless attacks predicated on predisposed agendas and personality conflicts with board members of AAWA. That is unfortunate to say the least.

It is also unfair to brand JWN as a whole for being apathetic to AAWA mission. This forum is host to a plethora of brilliant minds that would be beneficial to AAWA's cause if they could be brought in by efforts to listen to concerns that can be addressed and implemented.

I hope these issues will be dealt with and that there will be common ground that even the most stringent nay sayers could possibly get behind. Much responsibility is placed upon AAWA's board members to act as ambassadors to a vast ExJW community. Humility and accomodation will be important qualities to develope and maintain if they will see success in member affiliation alone.

• l p
    l p

Tylinbrando - too true. There have been a lot of construcive comments, but this thread is 22 pages long, and mostly over and over about the same couple of things.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well it could have been ended before it began if AAWA put people's privacy above ego and deleted a simple Facebook page. It's amazing how pride can compound a small mistake like a runaway snowball.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I agree, Slimboy. It would have been so simple to fix. Now they're stuck with amateur apologists pleading that the hen house door is shut, wanting us to forget that the foxes are already in tthe coup.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Ip -

who are the ''bashers'' your are reffering to ? who are you implying by your broad sweeping statement ? Be specific please and use names and IDENTIFY who exactly you are referring to. For the matter of clarity. We wouldn't want any of the ''non-bashers'' being labelled as 'bashers' now would we ?

Do you see/understand the problem ? How would you feel if someone made public comments about you personally ?? Maybe you wouldn't be bothered, that is your choice.

Have you read all of the 22 pages ? have you read all of the other posts/information ? if so do you actually understand what it is that has caused 22 pages and other posts to be written about this whole DEBATE.

Do you think people just keep their mouths shut and not voice an opinion ? should people be afraid to disagree with anyone about anything ?

The facts are simple. We are dealing with facts.

Tylinbrando

Again, broad sweeping statements without specifics and nailing down facts. please be specific and name names as to whom you are implicating in your comments.

Baseless attacks ? Predisposed agendas ? Personality conflicts ? Nay sayers ? who are these people you are implicating ? for the sake of clarity and lack of confusion it would be helpful if you were more exact in your statements. We wouldn't want innocent people getting negative presentation on something they had no involvement with.

No involvement. That's right. It was all done on the QT, secret. We can even prove this from previous discussions had on this board. AAWA was in the planning stage for a long time, it didn't arrive overnight. This whole debacle is nothing short of the fault of the person in charge of what has now become a fiasco. We didn't make it the fiasco it is. AAWA did that all by itself. AAWA didn't ask for any input from anyone publicly on this site.

Why not ? that is their perogative, they didn't have to, for whatever reasons they didn't is understandable. But as you say there are many briliant minds here with a wealth of experience.

This is not playing the blame game. This is not 'bashing' the AAWA board members personally. They are all amazing people who deserve our utmost respect for the work that they do.

What made things worse was how it as all been handled. AAWA'a own fault. For me, reading that (bullsht) statement on AAWA made me skin crawl. It was so like WT speak. and tarred us all with the same brush. Sorry I won't have that. So whoever penned that statement and then allowed it to go public has no one to blame but themselves. Sorry but that is life. You are responsible for your own actions, if you do wrong, then you have to make effort to put things right.

For me this is the crux of the matter. THINGS were done, actions that caused problems. THINGS were said that caused problems. STATEMENTS were made.

If things had been dealt with in a more diplomatic fashion, I don't think we would be where we are now.

Is that our fault ? NO

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, in his record of threads, cedars has one about a survey on xjws. That is a few months ago. It was quite comprehensive, including things like why they left, which country they are in.

S

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Lost, you are a sensationalist still struggling with doomsday indoctrination. Ad Hominem and straw man argumentation will not help to further your own agenda which is clear by your posting style. If the spirit of complaint is all you want to bring to the table and repeat attempts to deconstruct AAWA with your personal contempt, this discussion will go absolutely nowhere and will possibly result in lockdown such as the other AAWA threads.

Bring solutions please. AAWA is going to be around for a long time. Let's help to make it better.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It is time for the "bashers" to give up an get on with their lives.

Yeah, you don't get to be the arbiter. You're an apologist, nothing more.

And you obviously don't understand Facebook.

Neither did the AAWA and not that their problem is exposed, the refusal to fix it is the problem.

Haters gonna hate, but at least some people are doing something proactive to help.

No, right now they are NOT helping. They are hurting and will continue to be hurting people until they fix their security issues.

If anyone has been, let them take it up personally with AAWA, why are you fighting imaginary battles for people you don't even know.

I like how you like the AAWA fighting other people battles, but you don't want others doing the same. Why are apologists so inconsistent?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I hope something emerges, but honestly AAWA looks to be D.O.A., from the name, to the alienation of JWN members, to the Facebook fiasco, to the implausible Watchtowerish PR articles, to Barbara Anderson's departure, to the use of a pseudonym on legal documentation. Really, could it have gone any worse?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Lost, you are a sensationalist still struggling with doomsday indoctrination. Ad Hominem and straw man argumentation will not help to further your own agenda which is clear by your posting style.

If you are going to whine about ad hominem attacks, you probably shouldn't do it right after you call someone names.

Again, why are apologists so inconsistent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit