He Is Risen, the axial component of christianity

by designs 66 Replies latest social current

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

DD- I had an old JW friend and Elder email me a couple of years ago about my future without a resurrection or new system. He told me I would be forgotten, no one would remember I ever lived. I had just given my daughter's wedding talk and in that talk I recited my ancestors going back to Wales on my father's side. I won't be forgotten.

I'm still waiting to hear about YOUR hope. It looks like you are proud of yourself now, is that what matters to you...how you FEEL NOW? I thought hope involves our future, at least mine does.

If there was no resurrection as you say, why would you care if you are "remembered"? If there is no resurrection, do you think that Abe Lincoln cares? He's D-E-A-D dead, gone. If there is NO resurrection why care about what happens to the human race at all, after you die? You'll be gone, and all your loved ones will die, sooner or later.

prologos

DD: you said "one nut-nuke job*" and you are gone, a G-O-N-E-R. why?

as opposed to a resurrection believer? because, using the bible-story antecedent:

The 3 he-brews in Daniel 3:18--- survived fire comparable to the surface heat of an atmospheric a,h bomb blast at ~ 10 000 deg. Kelvin.**

no prior resurrection required. why now?

You need to stop thinking like a JW. If you understood the gospel and grace of God, you would know the answer. The future ressurection of Christ was just as important to them then as the past ressurection is for us today.

• designs
    designs

DD- Why care? Because I want to see a better future for my grandchildren and all children. We are the stewards of this earth.

• designs
    designs

DD- sorry I just don't share that cynical view.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

DD- sorry I just don't share that cynical view.

Cynical? You have no real or meaningful hope for the future, just the here and now. Yet you put the Christian view down at every turn, like you have something better.

I hope you find true happiness in this life my friend.

• cofty
    cofty

Make believe doesn't give life any more meaning. As JWs we had a wonderful hope for the future but it was a worthless delusion.

Reality may not be comforting but its the only authentic way to live.

PS - Why the epic repitition above? Saying the same thing 1000 times doesn't make it true.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I'm not sure why but I can't access the bottom of page 4 of this thread. So I can't see the last few responces.

• mP
    mP

Ding:

For me, one of the most persuasive arguments in favor of the historicity of Jesus' resurrection is that, unlike most adherents to a religion, Jesus' original disciples were in a position to KNOW whether he rose from the dead or not

mP:

So how do you explain that Mark doesnt mention it in his original text in Mark 16?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit