He Is Risen, the axial component of christianity

by designs 66 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec

Yet you wen't to a KH to drink the wine and nibble the cracker. Interesting.

Is it?

I went to the KH to give witness to Christ, and to those who are told that He is not speaking to them and that they cannot hear Him calling to them, and so they cannot have the life that He is offering. But my partaking of the body and blood of Christ is not limited to that one night. I did not go to another church to partake either... no need. No one else teaches that particular lie.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I did not go to another church to partake either... no need. No one else teaches that particular lie.

I just find it interesting that, according to you, so MANY churches teach so many wrong things and yet, having never been a JW, you choose their most holy night to do something that, contrary to giving a witness, will merely serve to cause gossip and make them roll their eyes.

I mean, why wouldn't you, on Easter, be proclaiming the true name of your Lord in as many places as you can? It's just interesting that your idea of giving a witness is literally exactly as effective as those you proclaim are wrong.

Anyway, have a pleasant day.

• designs
    designs

Ding- yes some encounter seems to be the strong argument, whether it is a eye witness account or later some vision, apparition, or inner conviction like a hearing a voice.

I see with those who recreate the cruxifiction the need to personally get inside the experience.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The original disciples claimed to be eyewitnesses to Jesus' resurrection.

They knew whether they saw him or whether they made the story up.

The Gospels were written many years later and in a different language that his disciples spoke, most of whom could not read or write. What evidence do you have that the the claims of their eyewitess is true? In the absence of anything verifiable directly by those people, it's at best hearsay, so why give it more credence than other hearsay?

• tec
    tec

having never been a JW

The wts is the only religion I ever got close enough to put my faith in. I had decided to join (i just changed my mind before I actually did join).

Peace,

tammy

• designs
    designs

Tammy- so how was your experience at the KH this year.

• Terry
    Terry

Important questions and considerations begin with:

1.All humans die but they don't want to.

2.Either death is a natural phenomenon for all living things or it is not.

3.If man dies ONLY because of sin---why do animals, plants and insects die too?

If man dies because of sin--isn't it because God wants man dead?

If God doesn't want man dead for sinning--why not simply come up with a different penalty?

If man, because he is a weak and worthless sinner cannot make correct spiritual decisions---

why expect a weak and worthless bad decision maker to make a perfectly good decision about Jesus?

If Justice is getting what you DESERVE and INjustice is getting what you DON'T deserve, how do we explain:

a. Jesus (perfect and sinless) getting the death sentence

b. Humanity (imperfect and sinful) getting off scot-free (forgiven and not held to account).

???????????????????????????????

• kassad84
    kassad84

here's why I'm convinced with Christianity. Paul of Tarsus persecuted early Christians so much so that majority of Christians fled to Syria. Paul followed them there. Then he suddenly did a 360 degree turn in faith. He preached about Christ. What pushed him to do this? What caused his insanity? enduring enormous pain, denying himself family life, respect, prestige, and in the end death if all of this is BS?

• designs
    designs

kassad84- If we take for a moment that the account of Paul's conversion is true, that he saw something like the bright light and heard a voice, do you suppose it can be explained as a psychological phenomena.

• kassad84
    kassad84

yeah designs, but after that, he went blind because of that light for three days, then he saw a vision of Ananias coming to baptize him, another disciple of that sect. And indeed the vision came true, Ananias came and baptized him and became a brother. only then that his sight returned to him. Now here are proofs coming from two different person. One was the visions of Paul, the other is the instruction of the Spirit coming to Ananias. (With Ananias risking his neck for this man). But then again, we can always discount these as fabricated stories if we really don't want to believe it. Other than the new testament texts, the only proofs we have of the historicity of Paul is in the writing of the apostolic fathers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit