He Is Risen, the axial component of christianity

by designs 66 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

The hope if you are not a believer in an afterlife provided by Jesus is to see humanity continue to progress, it is a great challenge considering how divided people are by religion, politics, and culture. We have to plan for the next 400 years, preserve our natural resources, address hunger and health care issues, have a clean environment.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Will you attend some Sunrise Service or other Easter Service.

No I will not be attending.

The Adam and Eve story is not literally true. Therefore, there is no original sin and no need for anyone to pay a ransom sacrifice for me.

• designs
    designs

Heaven- it is interesting to see the growing number of christian denominations interpreting Genesis as allegory and metaphor, so why continue to push the idea of a Ransom and a Resurrection. Catholics under Pope Pius were told that the evolution of the human body was ok to consider but that the soul was a special creation of God, that keeps the faithful coming back for more redemption exercises.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven- it is interesting to see the growing number of christian denominations interpreting Genesis as allegory and metaphor, so why continue to push the idea of a Ransom and a Resurrection.Catholics under Pope Pius were told that the evolution of the human body was ok to consider but that the soul was a special creation of God, that keeps the faithful coming back for more redemption exercises.

designs, it is interesting indeed. Even religion must evolve.... or die.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

The hope if you are not a believer in an afterlife provided by Jesus is to see humanity continue to progress, it is a great challenge considering how divided people are by religion, politics, and culture. We have to plan for the next 400 years, preserve our natural resources, address hunger and health care issues, have a clean environment.

If Jesus isn't risen, you or I aren't going to SEE anything, even if humanity does progress.

• designs
    designs

DD- in the years ahead that you and I have we will see progress in medical research and diseases like AIDS and many forms of cancers will have better treatments, maybe cures. I hope that more and more countries seek peaceful means to settleing their differences rather than rely on military responses. Progress happens everyday.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Progress happens everyday.

You posted a thread about you native American ancestors a few days back. Do you think your ancestors would agree?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

There was an interesting report recently about antibiotics and how within 20 years unless something is done routine medical operations won't be routine anymore.

• tec
    tec

Tammy- so how was your experience at the KH this year.

They really are cracking down on telling people that they are NOT to partake, and NOT to have part in the Life that Christ offers. So that part was very sad, and made me realize how important it is that some continue to bear witness against that, as well as to proclaim Christ before men (those men who are saying that Christ is NOT calling them). Because some people ARE seeking Christ, and do hear... but perhaps doubt this or are afraid to answer Him, because fear of men is greater.

I wrote my experience here:

http://xjwsforchrist.madmooseforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=534&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Peace to you,

tammy

• designs
    designs

DD- What happened to the indigenous peoples in North and South America is tragic, they lost their lands and here they were given or forced to live on Reservations. Injustices happen by someone's greedy intentions. Astronomical military expenditures are with for a long time to come, it is not only business with huge profits but many cultures have not and will not let themselves evole to having a better means to settle differences- something Gen. Douglas MacArthur spoke often about. But we are making progress in many areas.

Tammy- Thanks for sharing your experience, so they really are making it more pointed to the audience to not partake. I partook one time, my final attendance as a active JW and OMYGAWD the reaction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit