He Is Risen, the axial component of christianity

by designs 66 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec

so they really are making it more pointed to the audience to not partake

Yes, even to the point of damage control; a preemprive strike, so to speak. The speaker said that even if someone does partake, that does not mean that anyone else should. Plus he referred to people who might have been there for the first time, a few times during his talk.

I partook one time, my final attendance as a active JW and OMYGAWD the reaction

I bet.

Peace,

tammy

• prologos
    prologos

DD you asked : what is your hope?

since Jesu's -or ANY true resurrections are at best a story, not replicated,:

the wise thing is to live well, fully, to pass on live in your offspring.

every day is the last one for the day, never to return.

If there will be added goddies to that gift later,

more power to the generous giver. if not:

many thanks for the

present (gift) of the present (time)

enjoy.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

I asked if your native American ancestors would agree about your hope and your "progress".

You said:

"But we are making progress in many areas".

I'll take that as a NO? I don't think they would see the "progress".

DD- in the years ahead that you and I have we will see progress in medical research and diseases like AIDS and many forms of cancers will have better treatments, maybe cures.

I guess you hope you'll live a few more earthly years? What happens after that? One nutjob with a nuke and your hope is G_O_N_E.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

prologos

If there will be added goddies to that gift later,

more power to the generous giver. if not:

many thanks for the

present (gift) of the present (time)

enjoy.

I don't see any hope. Just eat, drink, and be marry... (you know the rest)

• designs
    designs

DD- I had an old JW friend and Elder email me a couple of years ago about my future without a resurrection or new system. He told me I would be forgotten, no one would remember I ever lived. I had just given my daughter's wedding talk and in that talk I recited my ancestors going back to Wales on my father's side. I won't be forgotten.

• prologos
    prologos

DD: you said "one nut-nuke job*" and you are gone, a G-O-N-E-R. why?

as opposed to a resurrection believer? because, using the bible-story antecedent:

The 3 he-brews in Daniel 3:18--- survived fire comparable to the surface heat of an atmospheric a,h bomb blast at ~ 10 000 deg. Kelvin.**

no prior resurrection required. why now?

and that is all just a story, each more fabulous than the other.

Why would salvation depend on credulity?, naivite', unproven, unprovable stories?

*dr. strangelove

** 7X the energy/heat of a bronce age furnace.

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Basara basara, deshi deshi. Basara basara, deshi deshi..."

"What are they saying?"

"Rise."

--sd-7

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Such is life- nobody can change reality by wishing it away. Humans have survived for hundreds of thousands of years so far on this planet- maybe the generations that come after us will take the good, and leave the bad behind- and maybe lead better lives than we have been able to...

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"He is risen" is totally bad grammar.

I learned that it is rise, rising, rose and has risen. But rise is the wrong word since he was dead and could not rise. He was raised by Jehovah God. So the proper term was he was raised.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Rattigan350 As I understand it, Christians are refering to Christ in the present tense.

His is risen in as much as - he is here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit