He Is Risen, the axial component of christianity

by designs 66 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Sunday hundreds of millions and possibly up to two billion people will join in some Service in observance of the Resurrection of Jesus. It is the central issue which takes the teachings of Jesus from the philosophy of doing good to others to the ultimate truth which it claims. It was the axial argument of the Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 15. Every future claim from Jesus or Paul rests on Jesus being alive now.

Will you attend some Sunrise Service or other Easter Service.

What pros and cons about the Resurrection and subsequent sightings of Jesus caused you to become a Believer or a non-Believer.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

No I won't be going to a service.

In the Watchtower April 1 1966 page 215

'When Jesus died, his disciples were very sad, but when he was resurrected, and he told them that all power had been given him in heaven and in earth, this, to the disciples was the best news of all to date. (Matt. 28:18-20;Luke 24:50-53) But before Jesus died he told his disciples of an even better good news that would be proclaimed on a worldwide scale in a time far distant from their day.'

I thought the events of 1914 were the most important at one time.

• designs
    designs

Rethinking the resurrection came in two main stages and oddly 1914 and 1975 were not contributing factors. It was the 1995 new Generation teaching that woke me up and then a few years later after I had left and while sitting through a Calvary Chapel Service that the belief left me.

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus is a pile of dusty bones in a long forgotten mass grave somewhere in Palestine.

Guru Sathya Sri Baba died on 24th April 2011. Hundreds of thousands of his devotees are convinced that he is risen, and yet Christians don't think their testimony is worth a second thought.

This is how many of us feel about the so-called evidence for the risen christ.

• Ding
    Ding

For me, one of the most persuasive arguments in favor of the historicity of Jesus' resurrection is that, unlike most adherents to a religion, Jesus' original disciples were in a position to KNOW whether he rose from the dead or not.

Some people willingly die for a cause they THINK is true, but the disciples who were martyred weren't likely to have willingly died for a fraud or hoax they knew they had invented.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The reason I thought the events of 1914 were the most important to me was that I thought my salvation depended on joining with Jehovah's Witnesses and preaching it.

Why did the belief leave you Designs?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Who has time for Easter services when there's so many chocolate bunnies and eggs to be eaten?

W

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Christians are all late with Easter. The spring equinox has passed. I will go to service but thankfully it won't be about Jesus. I think maybe Jesus was a historical person or persons but no more divine than any of us.

• maisha
    maisha

that he Jesus is buried in Kashmir along with Mary had a big impact.

There is More documented evidence of jesus existance in kashmir than in other traditional locations.

Risen where? died about 80yo,,, all about control and your money...

• designs
    designs

Ucantnome- It was during a prayer portion of a Service. These two Calvary pastors were praying for a young woman, 18-19, who they were sneeking into China to spread the Gospel. These two guys had this young girl sandwiched between them, literally pressing their bodies next to hers, with hands on her head and praying aloud for Jesus to bless her ministry, which could result in her being in prison for years. It was an epiphany of sorts and the horror of what they were doing to her and where they were sending her just made the light bulb go on.

maisha- what is the story behind Jesus and Mary in Kashmir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit