I've been studying for about a year now...

by Meow921 161 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Will Power
    Will Power
    Why have Jehovah's Witnesses disfellowshiped for apostasy, some who still profess belief in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ?...

Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Also notice here that these are Jehovah's Witnesses being talked about, which You Know professes profusely he is one of, not Watchtower Witnesses to which he stands apart from. He cannot be a witness of Jehovah if he chooses to NOT accept the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique. That is his own definition

• You Know
    You Know

bjc2010 says:

How dare you lie so blatantly to Meow! The only way it's possible for you to remain in the organization is that you have to 'keep your big mouth shut!' You don't dare to breathe a word of your beliefs that are different from WTS teachings to anyone, not even your wife. That's the only way you are able to remain in this organization.

LOL. You are the liar. I have written and submitted literally hundreds of pages of research material on various prophecies that diverge from our present teaching. I have had numerous conversations with elders and circuit overseers and even Gb members regarding our teachings. The Society has never viewed me as an apostate. I said though that I don't teach my own views among the brothers. That's understood by all the brothers to be wrong. But, it is not like you imagine. Perhaps you were disfellowshipped because you started teaching your own thing, I don't know. More than likely you started expousing Ray Franz's teaching among the brothers. Naturally they are going to remove someone that does that. / You Know

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

No one can make this decision for you. The only recommendation is to always ask why and do your own research.

------------

• Xander
    Xander

Meow: Most of what I've heard has been here. When I read your reply I felt disassociated by YOU, from this board.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I've sent Meow an email already.

It was not my intention to offend. You have to understand though, there are several 'trolls' on the board who are not sincerely interested in help. I didn't really have enough data to make any kind of assumption either way, so I threw out a general warning.

Obviously, it was not clearly worded and has offended. Again, I'm sorry, that was not my intent.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • You Know
    You Know

BJC2010 says:

You claim to be 'anointed' yet Bethel does not use you in any capacity of leadership. Isn't there something wrong here as your anointing does mean that you are part of the 'faithful slave class, doesn't it?

Having an appointed position neither validates or invalidates a person's anointing. In the 1st century most of the anointed Christians were not elders or even ministerial servants. Today a large portion of the remaining anointed are women who hold no official positon. But, from Jehovah's standpoint each one is a valuable member and serves where he deems appropriate. That's pretty basic Bible stuff. Besides, I have no ambitions in that regard. I have served as an elder in the past and have had many privileges in that regard.

Why would they choose to use non-anointed other sheep when they have anointed ones available? Their literature intimates that they do this because there are not enough anointed brothers available, yet you are available. Can you explain this? Could it be that they do 'know your views' and consider you some kind of kook?
    I don't claim to be qualified to serve on the GB. I would never presume that I should. I am content to serve as a lesser one and let the brothers do their thing and I do mine. But, as for whter they view me as a kook or not I don't know, But I do know that one of the last fairly significant revisons of a prophecy, having to do with when the disgusting thing begins standing in a holy place, was something that I contributed about a year before.

Or, do they not recognize your anointing as being valid? Someone, in another post, stated that the official position of the leadership is that fifty percent of those partaking each year are doing so unworthily. Is this true in your case?
    I doesn't matter what they think. Jehovah knows those who belong to him, and we certainly know as well. When the time comes for the revealing of the sons of God then everyone in th organization will know who is and who isn't anointed. Until then the Scritpure says that we are "concealed in Christ." / You Know
  • Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Notice when direct quotes from Watchtower literature which expose his hypocrisy and are brought to the forefront Robert aka YouKnow totally avoids the issue in question.

My point in my previous post still stands.

YouKnow, you said:

I have written and submitted literally hundreds of pages of research material on various prophecies that diverge from our present teaching. I have had numerous conversations with elders and circuit overseers and even Gb members regarding our teachings
    You have SUBMITTED research on prophecies that DIVERGE from present teaching??? Seems you are not following the "Faithful Slave".

You have had conversations with elders, CO's and GB members regarding teachings???

Now do you really expect any active Witness, or anyone who has an affiliation with the Jehovah's Witnesses to believe that?

You insert your foot in your mouth everytime you speak.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• TR
    TR

YK said,

I said though that I don't teach my own views among the brothers. That's understood by all the brothers to be wrong.
    In other words, you have to keep your mouth shut, which you are not doing.

TR

• You Know
    You Know
    Now do you really expect any active Witness, or anyone who has an affiliation with the Jehovah's Witnesses to believe that?

That shouldn't really be an issue in this forum. LOL / You Know

• Will Power
    Will Power
    I said though that I don't teach my own views among the brothers. That's understood by all the brothers to be wrong.

Do you realize that there are 'brothers' here, lurking, looking for help?

How do you make them feel when you say that it is ok, you do not have to follow what the FDS says, that it is ok to have your own ideas. You teach here contrary to the WT anonymously, in cyberspace, reaching millions of brothers, and potential brothers. I would certainly say that you are not keeping your ideas to yourself and that you could very well be stumbling "many" you are not even aware of. You undermine the "holiness" and "chosen ones" attributes and divine direction by pointing out their human flaws and mistakes. You are definitly causing division in Jehovah's Organization.

Have you found the link to the Rev 22 discussion? I've tried but can't find it. Could you please post link or title, OR please re-answer the question here. Who is coming in Rev 22:12. Thanks.

• You Know
    You Know

Will Power

Do you realize that there are 'brothers' here, lurking, looking for help?

Yes. That's why I am here.

How do you make them feel when you say that it is ok, you do not have to follow what the FDS says, that it is ok to have your own ideaS
    Many have told me that they really appreicate knowing that. That it is like a great burden lifted off them.

You teach here contrary to the WT anonymously, in cyberspace, reaching millions of brothers, and potential brothers.
    Don't get carried away. There probably are no more then a mere handful, or even one or two at any given point.

I would certainly say that you are not keeping your ideas to yourself and that you could very well be stumbling "many" you are not even aware of.
    Anyone who is on the net and reading stuff put out by apostates is taking a risk of stumbling themselves. I have found that sometimes it takes a bit stronger dose of antidote to counter the apostate's venom. Wether that is right or wrong is not for you to decide. Jehovah is my judge and I welcome his judgment.

You undermine the "holiness" and "chosen ones" attributes and divine direction by pointing out their human flaws and mistakes. You are definitly causing division in Jehovah's Organization.
    You are lying. I don't call attention to my brothers flaws. That's what apostate JWs do. I merely point to Jehovah's pre-recorded judgments found in the Bible that show how God is going to set matters straight. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit