I've been studying for about a year now...

by Meow921 161 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

YouKnow, aka Robert King of Washington state.

I said:

You have SUBMITTED research on prophecies that DIVERGE from present teaching??? Seems you are not following the "Faithful Slave".

You have had conversations with elders, CO's and GB members regarding teachings???

Now do you really expect any active Witness, or anyone who has an affiliation with the Jehovah's Witnesses to believe that?

You, YouKnow aka Robert King said:

That shouldn't really be an issue in this forum.
    Now this raises the issue of why you are even present here.

WillPower said:

Do you realize that there are 'brothers' here, lurking, looking for help?
    And your reply which answers the reason for your presence here is

Yes. That's why I am here.
    This provides an interesting quandry. You were asked this:

How do you make them feel when you say that it is ok, you do not have to follow what the FDS says, that it is ok to have your own ideaS
    And your reply was:
    Many have told me that they really appreicate knowing that. That it is like a great burden lifted off them.
    Now that I know WHO YOU ARE, and if you are indeed an active Jehovah's Witness Robert, I wonder how the faithful slave and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society would feel in knowing you FREELY ADMIT and spread ideas among brothers that it is:

you say that it is ok, you do not have to follow what the FDS says, that it is ok to have your own ideas
    Robert King- YOU are an Apostate yourself, spreading divisions among Witnesses in telling ones you come into contact with you do NOT have to follow EVERYTHING. I see you as nothing more than a frail, aging, old man whose self-delusion is much worse than I originally thought.

You need to be institutionalized.

Is your grip on reality so WARPED you do not see your own blatant hypocrisy in the words which spew from your own lips?

Truly pathetic. However, your presence here DOES serve one POSITIVE purpose. To anyone who sits and reads the garbage you pass off as intellect or insight, you make the JW look even more foolish with every post you add to this discussion board.

The above isnt even considering the aforementioned evidence on page 4 about "harboring private ideas". You not only harbor them, you spread them.

Meow, this thread was started for you. I have taken the time to post as have many others for you. I implore you to do your private research and determine for yourself what you want to do. I WAS a Jehovah's Witness for 20 years. It is NOT the Truth.

Look for yourself, and make your own decision.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• JBean
    JBean

Ok... I asked this before: Meow... where are you and what are your thoughts on this? Lots of folks here are taking a lot of time and concern to reply... please speak up! Jbean

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Take note, Meow, of YouKnow's arrogance when he said this:

Take notice though that no apostate was able to refute what I said about them being immoral. That's because they can't
    He is actually saying that NO APOSTATE -- NO ONE WHO EVER LEFT JWS CAN CLAIM TO BE MORAL.

So I guess, even though I am not immoral, I wont claim to be moral because You Know already said it so it must be true.

Is this the type of people you want to spend your life around???

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    who begin praticing unChristian things

Sorry but as I continue reading YKs posts I can't help but respond.

My sister is shunning me right now, Meow, because I am guilty of the "unChristian" conduct of joining another Christian religion. Guess I must be unChristian though because YK says it!

• SYN
    SYN

Jerome: Juseralem? WTF?

You Know: In this forum though the situation is different in that every reader has been exposed in varying degrees to the deep things of Satan's accusation against us.

*ROFLMFAO*

Good grief, my arms are itchy from rolling around so much on the floor laughing my ass off. HEHE. Good one. I'm gonna use that in future "the deep things of Satan's accusation against us". You know that you're in a corner here (thanks for that, OzziePost), and you also know that there's no way out. Post away, my dear friend!

Meow: Hello! Are you still alive after this barrage of flaming/doctrinal arguing? It can be quite rough on this board sometimes, and we especially like to fight over new 'recruits', so to speak. Welcome to the Dark Side that the Dubs (Witnesses) tell you about...you know, the place where you are allowed to think anything you like, and say anything you like (as long as it's PG13 for legal reasons and not to bug Simon). Beware: Freedom of Thought and Religion is practised on this board. <cue evil laughter> We're not all that bad, really. We're just normal people, many of us are also just trying to live a new life after the WTBTS shattered our own lives and the those of our extended families. You'll find if you browse through the archives here that many people have had relatives and children DIE because of WTBTS policies, and sometimes ABSOLUTELY NEEDLESSLY. Is this a sign of an Organization of God? Soon you'll understand that the boys (only boys - the WTBTS is the most incredibly chauvinistic Society in the history of the entire World, with the possible exception of American Football) at the top don't give a flying * about you, or your family.

Have fun!

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• SYN
    SYN

Reborn, check your mail...

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• Will Power
    Will Power

What an excellent post bj.

After all is said & done, I hope everyone here "harboring ideas" & thinking that the WT still contain basics truths, reads these posts and sees the real truth.

Reborn: YouKnow contributes so much to exposing the WT double-speak, and the confusing, misleading, two-faced narratives show how the WT propanda really works. If EXJWs talked like that they would be called all kinds of names. Hats off to YOU for helping all to see the fruit.

YOU KNOW, since I am a very patient person, and I'll honor your claim that you never back down, have you abandoned my serious questions regarding Rev. 22:12?
    Your answer to who was coming:
    Jesus is coming. So is Jehovah.

Are they both one & the same coming together at the same time?
    Are they both the Alpha & Omega as well? Hasn't Jesus already come invisibly? Would that be a 3rd coming?
    Is this the same "coming" as described in 1 Thes 4:16?

Thanks for you time.

• nita6368
    nita6368

Meow,

I also studied for about a year before being baptized. I was dating a witness and it seemed like the thing to do, I couldn't believe how friendly everyone was practically smothering you at the hall. Only by accident did I find out that behind my back I was the topic of conversation between the sisters...the worldy girl trying to get brother so and so into trouble. I didn't know anything about the witnesses until after I was baptized, no matter what they tell you here is an honest summary of what you have to look forward to in the org......you will have to avoid your family who are not witnesses, they will be considered bad association, any friends that you have on the outside of the organization will have to be avoided also, bad association...if you have kids they wont be able to play with neighborhood kids, bad association...your kids will be made fun of at school because they will have to refuse birthday cake and refuse to pledge allegience...no Xmas programs at school...you won't be able to attend "worldy family" get togethers for holidays or mother's day or anything like that.....you will be expected to be at every meeting and have every publication studied...you will be expected to participate and answer and give talks and go out in service at least on saturdays....you will be expected to sit in a hot car all day if thats what necessary to get your "time"in....you will be expected to aux pioneer at least once a year...you will be expected to attend out of town assemblies no matter the cost or your financial situation...you will be expected to contribute extra money at the assemblies and kingdom hall quickbuilds even if you are broke...

I could go on and on but I think you can see from this list, the jw's don't tell you everything. I was in the org nearly 10 years and my kids are in counseling now. The presiding overseer in my hall was a child molester...unbelievable stuff happens in the congregation.My advice...don't jump into anything and don't let them talk you into anything, they are good at that...

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Meow:

If you are still there and reading this, take a look at this site, it’s all quotes from the Watch Tower. It will give you a history lesson in how they have changed their doctrines, and especially after their false prophecies do not happen they backtrack and minimise.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/dates.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/dates2.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/dates3.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/dates4.html

• TheStar
    TheStar

Meow,

We're all waiting to you hear from you. Please let us know something.
    Are you ok?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit