I've been studying for about a year now...

by Meow921 161 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• out4good3
    out4good3

Judging from the miserable spiritual condition of the XJWs on this board, the mere thought of leaving the truth is enough to make you shudder.

That's only your opinion. I'm sure the majority of people here consider their "condition" much improved since leaving the WT and its psychobable, spiritual and otherwise. I know I do.

• Will Power
    Will Power

p.s. "loyalty to the organization is more important than the truth"

They call this "waiting on Jehovah". The waiting is: waiting for a watchtower magazine to come out with "new light", he will eventually set everything straight.

Great examples are the end of the world dates, Beth Sarim fiasco, the definition of the word "generation" - reneging on the "creator's promise that millions now living will never die, organ transplants, king of the north, UN, on and on.

Then they turn around and say that the Watchtower is not god!
    Do they know who God is? Rev 22, 1Thes 4:16, (I think not)

• You Know
    You Know
    Then why does the watchtower in essense teach "loyalty to the organization is more important than the truth" ?

Loyalty to the organization and the broterhood is the truth. For example 1 John 5:2 says: "By this we gain the knowledge that we are loving the children of God, when we are loving God and doing his commandments." In Jehovah's eyes loving Him is all bound up with loving his sons, his children. That's what loyalty is all about. I recognize that Jehovah's Witnesses, the anointed in particular, are Jehovah's children. My loyalty to them is not excused because of their mistakes and difficulties that they get in to. On the contray, true loyalty surmounts those problems. So while apostates beat and flail their former brothers for their every mistep I refuse to join in, but instead I offer them my support all the more so.

Regarding Rev 22, can you go back to page one of this thread, (I also asked you the same question on another thread to which you ignored) or do you want me to repost everything?
    As I recall, I commented on the verse some weeks back. You probably didn't accept what I said. That's fine. But don't go spouting such nonsense that I can't handle your challenge. If you have some issue just repost it here and now and I will discuss it. Otherwise let it go. / You know
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thank you You Know for finally admitting it.

Meow, please note the response from You Know so that you fully understand what you could be getting yourself involved in.

His answer was: disfellowshipped in accord with the Scripures in that regard

This means that you will experience shunning. Why? Because you left the organisation. Seems from You Know's comment that your personal conversations will be monitored!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

You Know,

You said:

It is possible to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses without accepting everything the Wt teaches. I am living proof.
    How dare you lie so blatantly to Meow! The only way it's possible for you to remain in the organization is that you have to 'keep your big mouth shut!' You don't dare to breathe a word of your beliefs that are different from WTS teachings to anyone, not even your wife. That's the only way you are able to remain in this organization.

Nonsense. The brothers at Bethel know my views and they have never accused me of apostasy.
    You claim to be 'anointed' yet Bethel does not use you in any capacity of leadership. Isn't there something wrong here as your anointing does mean that you are part of the 'faithful slave class, doesn't it? Why would they choose to use non-anointed other sheep when they have anointed ones available? Their literature intimates that they do this because there are not enough anointed brothers available, yet you are available. Can you explain this? Could it be that they do 'know your views' and consider you some kind of kook?

Or, do they not recognize your anointing as being valid? Someone, in another post, stated that the official position of the leadership is that fifty percent of those partaking each year are doing so unworthily. Is this true in your case?

bjc

• Will Power
    Will Power
    As I recall, I commented on the verse some weeks back.

Forgive me, I believe I missed it, could you please point me to it so that I may read your views? Why didn't you just say this posts ago? We could've moved on already!

Thank you

On the contray, true loyalty surmounts those problems.
    Before the organ transplant ban because of cannibalism, you'd be happy to let your child die to stay loyal, then the next week, after new light & ban is off, your child might have been alive? Same with new definition of blood, parts is parts, hemopure - cow blood parts is ok, rest of world affiliated with UN is detestable, but ok for WT, can you swim in a YMCA pool today?
    TRUE LOYALTY would make you a hypocrite, if not today, tomorrow.
  • borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Meow921,

You have certainly gotten a lot of good responses. There are some great posters on this forum who can pull up quotes and materials in an instant, it seems. I would only like to add my personal experience.

My father and mother became JWs (Bible Students) in the early 1920s, I was born into the organization. I truely believed that the Jehovah's Witnesses were God's only channel to the people of earth. I believed it until I was 54 years old.(blame it on a hard head)

Throughout my life I had questions, now and then, but was always told, and believed, "leave it up to Jehovah, He will straighten it all out, in time" I finally discovered God will not straighten out a group that is not and has never been His organization.

You Know makes a lot of statements that he doesn't really know the truth about. He says he has been a (WT) believer for 25 years. I was a (WT) believer for my entire life until I was 54 yrs. old. I know old teachings, personally, that You Know would probably deny.

You Know says that ex-jws are immoral. Many on this forum are better God loving Christians now, than they ever were as Watchtower followers. I am one of those. I love my Lord and my God with all of my heart. I could never make that claim when I was a JW. I WAS immoral at one time in my life, when I was a JW. I will put PART of the blame for my immorality on the teachings of the Watchtower Society.

You Know says that "apostates" (I fit the Watchtower description of that word) use "lies" and "half truths" That is a claim the JWs have used for a long time (it is interesting that polititions and many others use that same claim when they are confronted with facts they cannot defend) But, when do they quote or specify what those "lies" and "half truths" are?

I think they (intentionally) confuse ex-jws with other opposers. When I was a JW, I would hear people say "Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in Jesus Christ" Every JW or ex-JW knows that is not true. However I will tell you that the JWs do not believe in the SAME Jesus Christ that Christians believe in. Christians do NOT believe Jesus is Michael the archangel. Christians do NOT believe that Jesus is a creature, created by God.

The fact is (because I lived my life as a JW and I know)JWs use lies and deception to cover their wrongs, false prophesies, and false teachings.

Pay close attention to what the people here tell you, they have "been there" They Know.

Borgfree

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow
  • out4good3
    out4good3

Others who are radicallized by apostates and become militant opposers of Jehovah's Witnesses, or who begin praticing unChristian things, are disfellowshipped in accord with the Scripures in that regard.

In addition to Ozzie's post I'd like to point out the keywords in YK's quote referenced above of those who begin to practice "unchristian things". Unchristian Things change in the WT as so-called "new light" is introduced. Remember this catch all phrase because it allows them to come after you for any infraction however minor against towing the line of the WTBTS. Having a question or issue contrary to what the doctrine de jeure specifies means that you either allow their circular reasoning to "adjust" you thinking to keeping your mouth shut and waiting for what could be your lifetime to being kicked to the curb and possibly loosing all association with your family and friends.

In conclusion, you think what we tell you to think, do what we tell you to do without question or hit the bricks.

Giving anyone that much control over your life should be enough to make you shudder even more.

• Will Power
    Will Power

BorgFree

Your post shows your years of experience. I too would be interested in hearing YouKnow's list of lies & half truths. As well, I have never heard an XJW declare that they have the right to lie when they see the need, unlike the theory of theocratic warfare.

Your description of how they intentionally confuse poeple about Jesus Christ is right on point. I'd like to add that it is not just XJWs or opposers they try to confuse (and as you state - it is on purpose), they also confuse themselves and each other. But the confusion starts at the top, the "channel" itself, who uses deception and unethical "journalism" to gain the control of this confusion & keep it that way.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Robert aka YouKnow, you said:

It is possible to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses without accepting everything the Wt teaches. I am living proof.
    Your blatant hypocrisy and stupidity never ceases to amaze me. You are an Apostate yourself according to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. You are not applying information provided in your own Watchtower magazine.

What you said above is in DIRECT contradiction to Jehovah's Witness teachings.

Note:

*** Apr 1, 1986 Watchtower ***
    Questions from Readers

Why have Jehovah's Witnesses disfellowshiped for apostasy, some who still profess belief in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ?...

Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

You are vocally denouncing Jehovah God's direction. By not accepting EVERYTHING the Watchtower teaches, you are NOT one of his Witnesses.

This information is taken directly from Watchtower literature. I suggest you take notice and do your research.

Note:

*** May 1st, 1964 Watchtower ***
    Building a Firm Foundation in Christ

Paragraph 8

God's Word is the basis of our faith. As we pore over its pages our mind is communing with God's. Our faith is established and strengthened. We are "always ready to make a defense" by offering "a reason for the hope" that we hold, and we are thereby equipped to teach others the way of life. (1 Pet. 3:15; 2 Tim. 2:2) Why, though, is such emphasis placed on "accurate" knowledge? Why should such care be exercised in our study of the columns of The Watchtower, and of our application of the Scripture texts to the material under consideration? It is through the columns of The Watchtower that Jehovah provides direction and constant Scriptural counsel to his people

So you do not accept EVERYTHING the Watchtower teaches? From the colums of the magazine through which God provides direction? Yet you disagree or do not accept EVERYTHING from Jah?

If you conduct any serious analysis of Watchtower literature, and then listen to the words which come forth from YouKnow's mouth... you will then realize he is a hypocrite, liar, nuisance, and farce.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit