My chat with an Elder about the UN thing! Help!

by awakening 51 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Awakening,

The hypocracy and half truths are the issue. If you go to the other thread that was linked, i think the most succinct question is provided by OOdad. He posts two letters side by side. one by the brach explaining their side, and a letter by the DPI explaining theirs.

Once again, none of this would be an issue if the branch did not take a dogmatic stance of their own. They used to (don't know if they still do), say joining he YMCA was joining an apostate organization which you could be disfellowshipped for. Now if you pay membership to the YMCA, you don't get to help RUN the YMCA. You just get to use the facilities. Basically exactly what the branch is saying they did.

So why then, even by their own reasoning, would they think its fine for them to visit the library and avail themselves of resources down the street at wild beast headquarters, if Jimmy JW can't join the Y to use the basketball courts?

I actually think it is possible that someone acted innocently enough, and nobody thought anything of it. I think most JW's don't see this as a major issue. But that is because they don't understand the hypocricy based on the standards they have set forth for their flock. So your elders response that it isn't a big deal......sure I get that. But he hasn't consider why someone would be within their right to go ahead and consider it a big deal. he may "research" it, find the letter from 2001, and it will 100% satisfy him. You have to bring out the YMCA hypocricy. its the only thing that gives context when dealign with someone who decided it wasn't a big deal before they even knew what it was.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I think it is much deeper than that, Problemaddict. If it was a mistaket, then why did/do they bother sending representativs to UN conferences? No..I think the real reason why they applied in autumn 1991 was the collapse og the Soviet union, an to enhance the possibilities of getting in to a lot of new countries with the status of an UN-approved NGO. I have heared several rumours that this was the real reason, and I do think it is plausible.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

"so what other mistakes have people at the WTS made that we haven't heard about yet?"

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hello DS,

You may be right. You very well could be. But it is hard to prove your assertion without a whistle blower. What is not hard to prove, is the hypocracy. When you ar talking to someone indoctrinated, better to deal with what you can prove, not just perception.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

How about a very simple question or two. This kind of seems like a big one, the Watchtower is spirit directed, did the spirit not lead them in that instance? If so why do you think that is?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes, I know, Problemaddict.

Maybe those rumours were more frequent here in Scandinavia than in America. A lot of people from here went to the new Baltic states Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and helped the Society getting established. and things went on very easilly! Even with the UN people. I think that is the background to thoose rumours.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's more than just the hypocrisy of the WTBTS, they are the ones that "identified" the UN as the Scarlet colored beast. They are the ones that "identified" false religion as the Harlot riding the beast.

We didn't make this stuff up, they did.

Harlot and the Scarlet Colored Beast

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Awakening----->The "helpful" Elder invited you and your wife to join him in building up your spirituality. Don't cave in and go. That will only prove to him, that you consider yourself weak!

Just Lois

PS...Don't drink the Kool-Aid!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Awakening, the society has already commented on the their website about this NGO thing. They stated in that there are diff types of NGO's and did their spin on it. You know what side this family is going take on this matter don't you? I don't think that you should pursue this matter, since you may not win this battle. You may even cause a barrier with this family.

Just try to get along.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

since when the case was brought to light, the society acted immediately to right their course.

Ask the elder if they catch someone committing adultery and he says he will stop it, would that person usually be thought of as repentant, or would they be disfellowshipped? The GB knew what they were doing, as they signed the paperwork, and did not remove themselves until after they were caught red handed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit