My chat with an Elder about the UN thing! Help!

by awakening 51 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow, great catch 88JM!

So when they said the "quit" they were lying, again!

As a friend of mine once said, "The real organization is nearly opposite the organization I thought I was joining all those years ago."

Wow, just wow!

Psalm 26:4 - I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Wow, that picture of the harlot on the beast gave me a weird flashback...that image was so scary to me as a child.

what this discussion confirms to me is this...

the GB & the org are just human, not spirit directed,just crappy men in cheap suits doing stupid things & lying about it. This is so sad & depressing, particularly considering the harsh judgement placed on the rank & file for any misdemeanour.

They did establish this culture, and they can't even live up to it.

I think about those poor brothers in Malawi a lot, how their lives were not worth a signature, but "library access" is?

Aything signed like this would have been seen by many in the org, not just 1 brother making a mistake, c'mon now!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Pickler: the GB & the org are just human, not spirit directed, just crappy men in cheap suits doing stupid things & lying about it. This is so sad & depressing, particularly considering the harsh judgement placed on the rank & file for any misdemeanour.

An that, my friend, would be the point!

You see it, I see it, most everyone here on JWN sees it; but those still under WT Mind-Control cannot.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I guess the GB think Christ is delaying, and lobbying as an NGO will speed up the work! Yes, Jesus wanted us to join. Our holiness will rub off on the UN and others, they will not stain our white robes!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The UN situation with the WTS. is just a slight blip of improprieties accomplished by this ridiculously corrupt and deceiving religious publishing house.

By the way the insinuating proclamation that the UN is a evil great wild beast operating as a orchestrated agent of Satan the Devil is about as stupid

and untruthful as one could possibly be.

The UN isn't even a government in the sense that it was established to help people or select recognized organizations

and countries to work out their problems and strive for a peaceful cooperation for the betterment toward all.

If the WTS. didn't laminate something egregiously stupid back in the day they could possibly have used the UN to further their own initiative

in countries where they are having problems operating in, but just as all other large organized institutions such as Churches, governments etc. the WTS.

had to blacken the image of those institutions, to make themselves standout righteously appealing and divinely pure.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

88JM:

But they never did really abandon it - they still have NGO status!
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/216532/1/JWs-continue-to-hold-NGO-Status-within-the-COUNCIL-OF-EUROPE

That's not really the same thing. Neither the letter nor the associated information in that post indicates that the Watch Tower Society (or any JW affiliate) was an NGO associated with the recipient of the letter.

Any organisation that is non-governmental is an NGO. The label 'NGO' does not automatically confer association with anything.

Unlike the JW-UN issue, where there were documents signed annually for status as an NGO associated with the UN's Department of Information (which requires acceptance of the UN charter and participation in its education programs), in this case it simply appears that a government organisation received a letter from a non-government organisation.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Finkelstein: By the way the insinuating proclamation that the UN is a evil great wild beast operating as a orchestrated agent of Satan the Devil is about as stupid and untruthful as one could possibly be.

Perhaps, but the WT said it and then, they joined it!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great stuff. Bookmarked.

• 88JM
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is the WTBTS or any of it's tentacles involved with these things RIGHT NOW??? If so, how do I get documentation/proof?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit