My chat with an Elder about the UN thing! Help!

by awakening 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

88JM:

Sorry Jeffro - I should have provided more evidence to back up my point.

Interesting.

But it still seems there is some confusion among some people concerned about JW doctrines in regard to the term NGO. An NGO is just an organisation that is non-governmental. The Watch Tower Society has never condemned any group just for being 'an NGO'.

The hypocrisy of the Watch Tower Society as 'an NGO' was that it was an NGO associated with the UN which requires supporting the UN charter, while at the same time claiming the UN is a 'wild beast' controlled by Satan. This doesn't mean that the Watch Tower Society is automatically being hyprocritical any time it is referenced as 'an NGO'.

It is not clear that registration for an OSCE conference requires association or support in the same way that the UN-DPI NGO status did.

Whether the Watch Tower Society 'should' (by its own standards) be involved with governments to the extent of attending a government-run conference about intolerance is certainly debatable. (As also are concepts such as JWs accepting state welfare or using government-run courts.) Attending such a conference almost certainly comes under their banner of 'legally establishing the good news'. But it isn't directly comparable with the issue of UN-DPI NGO status.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Jeffro,

Thanks for your comments attempting to clarify the situation and bring some clear thinking to the matter.

It's informative how JW apologists will excuse pretty much anything the WTBTS does not matter how hypocritical or harmful it is.

Understanding this mindset helps us to appreciate that it's important in helping those just waking up to TTATT that we be careful in both what we say and how we say it.

We want to make sure that we are not falsely accusing the WT of doing something it hasn't done and thereby reinforcing the WT's conception of "apostates."

There are plenty of things that the WT has published and done that clearly expose their hypocrisy without us having to make stuff up or twist the facts.

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit