2014 Event

by enigma1863 65 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I have an alternative idea too, perhaps we caould do this in addition.

So you know how many news media outlets like to report on nutters on who predict the end and then when it doesn't come they run story about it?

Why why don't we do something similair and come up with a carefully worded letter that is supported with good watchtower quotes that clearly shows their insane position of belief of 1914 as the beginning of the end. We could include in that packet various pictures from their pubs showing the "the end". We can deliver this letter/statment of facts to each of our respective local news media outlets, and have them run with the story of the 100th anniversary of a failed WTS prediction.

If we can all agree on coordinated day or week to do this, and our appeal is effective, and syncronized across the globe, we can really strike a devasting blow of public embarassment to the WTS. It could be glorious! We would have to have to have NY media outlets nailed though.

Next year or early 2015 is really our only shot at pullling off such a stunt. It would be nice to all come together and meet, somewhere (like next to their HQ) but this option saves your pocketbook for those that have to travel.

What say you?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Wouldn't it be something if the tens of thousands of former JW's out there showed up at a single District assembly in a major city? They'd outnumber the regular attendees. They could, at a prearranged time, stand up and chant over and over STAY ALIVE TILL 75 or THIS RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET. Maybe they could even storm the stage and gave a stirring TTAT talk.

Or maybe it would be easier to hire a plane to skywrite above Bethel... THE 1914 GENERATION DIED...SO WHAT HAPPENED ?? They'd probably think it was the fulfillment of the propehcy in Luke 21:11 about "fearfull signs and great sights from the heavens".

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    Wouldn't it be something if the tens of thousands of former JW's out there showed up at a single District assembly in a major city? They'd outnumber the regular attendees. They could, at a prearranged time, stand up and chant over and over STAY ALIVE TILL 75 or THIS RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET. Maybe they could even storm the stage and gave a stirring TTAT talk.

That would be awesome, I would love to be there too. Doing it in NY would be the best in your face place IMHO.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Less than a year to go for the hundred year anniversary.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Celebrating 100 years of Jesus' Invisible Rule"

• Diest
    Diest

I vote for a billboard across from the WTBTS....Wishing them a happy 100th birthday of the first time the world was supposed to end.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

On February 25th 2014 we are planning on having a viewing of Truth be Told in Pittsburgh Pa. I want to promote this as much as possible since Pittsburgh is the birthplace of the WTBS. Anyone know how to send a press release?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bumpity bump bump.

• juliew
    juliew

What time and location will the preview in Pittsburgh take place. I'd like to go see it since I live there.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

The time has not been set. The location will most likely be at the south side cinemas near the Cheesecake Factory. I do not know the price yet either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit