2014 Event

by enigma1863 65 Replies latest jw friends

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I know its a year away but I wanted to inquire about the hundred year anniversary of 1914. It would be amazing to have a world wide event reguarding all ExJWs. I am nowhere near capable of putting this together but I'd like to propose the largest assembly of ExJWs ever on October 1st 2014. Can it be done? Am I the first to bring this up? Is someone already in the process of doing something similar?

Thanks for your responses

• Mum
    Mum

This is a great idea. Maybe someone on this board owns a large compound where we could meet. I only regret that the folks who were alive in 1914 won't be around to mark it with us. All centenarians should be invited, too, so they will know, and we will witness that, they survived the "end" even though they were not JW's.

• whathappened
    whathappened

It would be very expensive for everyone to attend if you have it in just one place, since we ex jw's are all over the world. Maybe we can plan a massive publicity campaign, reminding people of the failed prophecies of the Watchtower Society.

• exwhyzee
  • earthfire
    earthfire

That is so weird, I was just thinking of something like this yesterday. Not the 100 year thing but a huge gathering that could get news coverage. That would be awesome. The anniversary is a perfect excuse!

• Pterist
    Pterist

Hotel Bossert in Brooklyn ?

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Tag!

I love this idea! Kind of like a protest to WT, and it would be awesome to get news coverage.

G

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Awww.... would it be selfish for me to suggest Pittsburgh as the host city? OH, how fitting that would be!

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I live in pittsburgh. I think new york would be another good spot.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

We have 576 days to make this happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit