2014 Event

by enigma1863 65 Replies latest jw friends

• l p
    l p

what about doing this internationally... i e groups doing this in various places across the globe....

lp

• Pickler
    Pickler

This is a great idea....is there anything significant about the October 1st date?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I thought they used to claim that Babylon fell on the night of 5/6th of October 607BCE . So Jesus would could not possibly "ascend to the Throne" until this date, set by JW's, in 1914.

Maybe we should check their latest on this, so we can get as near to the day as poss.

We need to get it right, (or as wrong as they do), or JDubs will concentrate on the wrong day, not the point of the gatherings.

• likeabird
    likeabird
    what about doing this internationally... i e groups doing this in various places across the globe....

Here's two good examples of how that could be done internationally :

http://onebillionrising.org/

http://invisiblechildren.com/kony/

It's time to get planning if we want to do something good.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm happy to plan the South African session - we just need one major co-ordinator to facilitate times/dates etc....I think for the SA section JHB would be the best place - it's inbetween and only an hour from the east/west coast.

• carla
    carla

Something should be done to mark 2014 & jw's!

Aside from some large gathering or more Shun Runs (hint, hint) perhaps people could make some websites about it? There are numerous places to make free sites or pages, articles, etc.... If people started now they would get the best url's for 2014 and what is to come in 2014? Predictions and so forth. Some free sites only require a short article, you don't necessarily need to start a long blog about it. Just an idea.

• cedars
    cedars

I think it's a great idea in principle. It could get great publicity if hundreds of ex-JWs flooded Brooklyn to protest peacefully by means of a "celebrating 100 years of Christ's rule" party.

Similar things could be arranged at branch offices in different countries to coincide. The onus would need to be on protesting peacefully so they can't play the persecution card.

Cedars

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Tshirts need designing and printing ready for it me thinks....

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

How about Yankee Stadium, and overflow to the Polo Grounds?

• cedars
    cedars

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit