2014 Event

by enigma1863 65 Replies latest jw friends

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

We definitely need it to be peaceful. The JWs would eat it up if there was a violent riot against them. It would only reinforce their beliefs.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I don't want to throw wet blankets, and I am 100% down to help in any way an annonymous guy can. However, do JW's really care about this 100 year anniversary? I mean, even IF they thought about it, would they even care?

Maybe some of you have been away from it longer than me, but I don't think it will be a blip on the radar.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

If several thousand of us banded together and held a protest right behind the governing body's headquarters (25 columbia heights) at the Brooklyn Bridge Park, it would definitely cause some major embarassment for WT$. Add to that getting a few media outlets to cover it, and some real damage to their image might be done.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

511 days to make this happen. Is there anything we need to do at this stage? Raise money? Apply for Public permits? Contact organizations that may have the same idea.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

478 days to make this happen

Are we agreeing on October 1st or the 5th? The 5th is on a sunday so it probably would be even better.

We probably should have events leading up to this, like a world wide walk out during the conventions. It would be awesome if just for the one day the watchtower website was replaced with a mock website.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Less than 14 months to go. I think it would be cool to have signs that just quote watchtower articles.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

Less than 14 months to go. I think it would be cool to have signs that just quote watchtower articles.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If that "100 years of Christ's rule" logo was on a t-shirt, I'd be buying a bunch of them!

But really, shouldn't all the festivities be heavily promoted but ultimately invisible?

I didn't realize that CEDARS had a point in Ohio... >cymbal crash<!

• Joliette
    Joliette

When i was a kid, 1914 was literally drilled in our lil heads (well, not literally but pretty damn close to it). Now, they act as if they never said it. Oh, you were just hearing things.

• UBM101
    UBM101

When i was a kid, 1914 was literally drilled in our lil heads (well, not literally but pretty damn close to it). Now, they act as if they never said it. Oh, you were just hearing things.

Creating public awareness is one great way to go against the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit