• BU2B
    BU2B

This is a wonderful threaD!

• happy@last
    happy@last

Marking this great thread

• extractor
    extractor

Hebrews 1:5 For example, to which one of the angels did he (Jehovah) ever say: “You are my son; I, today, I have become your father”? And again: “I myself shall become his father, and he himself will become my son”?

Basically, the entire 1st chapter of Hebrews in a REAL bible completely blows MOST of the WT balony out of the water.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Never a JW, the story of the concubine who was raped and her grieving husband who cut up her body in order to shame Isreal is in Judges 19.

• Eve Deceived
    Eve Deceived

jgnat: I hadn't learned about the scripture in judges 19 until yesterday, thanks to this site (I learn so much here!). I never read the bible cover to cover nor knew that that passage ever existed, I'm sure I wasn't the only jw...

That chapter is deeply disturbing, to say the least. WT is pretty much silent on it, except that "that fornicating bitch got what she deserved" (my words to pretty much sum up the watchtower comments on it). Anyway, it sent a chill up my spine and I often wonder why the bible gets a pass and is referred to as "the good book."

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Here is some more, Isaiah 37 compare 2nd kings 19. Over 2 chapters of duplication. Just tip of iceburg!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Remember thes scripture about having the "Veil" torn from your eyes?

Phillips New Testament

2 Corintinians 4: 3-6 Ours is a straightforward ministry bringing light into darkness
    4 1-6 This is the ministry of the new agreement which God in his mercy has given us and nothing can daunt us. We use no hocus-pocus, no clever tricks, no dishonest manipulation of the Word of God. We speak the plain truth and so commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. If our Gospel is “veiled”, the veil must be in the minds of those who are spiritually dying. The spirit of this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, and prevents the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, the image of God, from shining on them. For it is Christ Jesus the Lord whom we preach, not ourselves; we are your servants for his sake. God, who first ordered ‘light to shine in darkness’, has flooded our hearts with his light. We now can enlighten men only because we can give them knowledge of the glory of God, as we see it in the face of Jesus Christ.

• mP
    mP

i would say Mark 16:8 because its the proper end of Mark and the resurrection of Jesus only occurs after that. NWT and other bibles include two endings after that each with a comment that basic acknowledget they are both additions. The only resurrection in Mark occurs in the long form.

• prologos
    prologos

Mathew 25: 35-40:

---hungry --gave things to eat--

--thirsty-- gave something to drink--

--starnger-- hospitality--

--naked-- you clothed--

--I was sick-- looked after me--

in prison-- you came-- embarrassing questions:

where are these humanitarian works done by witnesses?: to the unknown, hidden jesus? Why would the sheep ask the question,:

--WHEN [on what occasion] did we see you, clothed you, sick, inprison--??? when WT propaganda tells the OS doing it (service) for the GB is doing it for Christ? the sheep can not really ask that, don't have to be told that!

where does it mention here doing H2H, selling ga, wt, any other wt copyrighted WT BtS prints?

verse 40: --- did it to the LEAST (least imporant)---- did it to me. Wt interpretation is:

do it for the leading leadership , forget about the little ones needs. then, and only then will you get everlasting lfe.

fat chance. of a good answer.

• mP
    mP

prologos: its called selfishness, they want you to give everything to the GB, nobody else is worthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit