The ten most embarrassing scriptures for Jehovah's Witnesses

by slimboyfat 95 Replies latest jw friends

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Marking

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I would add these two:

(Luke 21:8) He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

w12 3/15 p. 11 par. 4: "Another way we can “sleep on” is by ignoring the fact that Jehovah’s time to destroy the ungodly has approached."

(Amos 5:18) “‘Woe to those who are craving the day of Jehovah! What, then, will the day of Jehovah mean to YOU people? It will be darkness, and no light,

Speaks for itself.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

(Leviticus 17:13-16) 13 "‘As for any man of the sons of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust. 14 For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: "YOU must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off." 15 As for any soul that eats a body [already] dead or something torn by a wild beast, whether a native or an alien resident, he must in that case wash his garments and bathe in water and be unclean until the evening; and he must be clean. 16 But if he will not wash them and will not bathe his flesh, he must then answer for his error.'"

Hmmm, eating an unbled animal is OK, why might that be? It could well be because of what blood SYMBOLISED (the life of the animal) as opposed to what blood is (an oxygen transport organ).

So yes eating blood does not always equal death or even a serious sin per the OT. Which raises the question of why the need for the OTT paranoia of JWs about blood?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This statement is really convoluted and ignorant:

" How did Abraham expect to receive Isaac back from the dead? In heaven as a spirit? No, but here on earth as a human creature. In an illustrative way he got Isaac back from the dead here on earth. So Abraham was not looking for any spiritual, heavenly resurrection to put him among the celestial angels any more than he was expecting Isaac to have such a resurrection and rejoin him in heaven."

When the NWT says, " illustrative way" instead of type or parable, or similitude, that's the first step in the wrong direction. Parable, comparison, figure, are all easier to understand and are more accurate. Strongs' # 3850 is used at Hebrews 11:19. Paul is simply saying that Abraham's as good as offering up Isaac was a parable, or type, or lesson showing how YHWH would offer up Christ and raise him up. That's it.. It in no way shows that there are two Christian hopes. Whatever YHWH does for Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in what it is. That doesn't change the scriptural hope for Christians or make Rutherford closing the heavenly door, or the WTBTS's continuation and spin of this false teaching less wrong..

• wasblind
    wasblind

Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s [inspired expression] which YOU have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.” (1 John 4:2, 3)_______Darth Rutherford

You can't be speakin' of Jehovah's Witnesses Darth,

They're definitley not witnesses for Jesus. And will be the first to tell you

they're not inspired

Great thread Slimboyfat

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Deut 18:20 - 22

“‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21?And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22?when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him"

Watchtower 1972 April 1st

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"
    These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. "

Placing the word prophet in quote marks does not absolve them of responsibility when their human predictions, made in God's name , fail miserably.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

marking ..

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Marking this great thread!

• Mum
    Mum

Matthew 8:2: Jesus is worshipped

Matthew 14:33 - Jesus is worshipped

John 9:38 - Jesus is worshipped

Jesus did not rebuke any of the worshipers in the above-cited scriptures.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How about Matthew 23:13, 15 ESV

13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Thanks Rutherford!

Here is verse 14, usually omitted. " Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you devour widows' houses and for a pretense offer long prayers; on this account you will receive judgment more abundantly."

What was that recent magazine that devoted 2 or 3 entire pages to the gospel making donations of property to the WTBTS? Oh yeah! It was the Watchtower!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit