Ok I need some advice on how to decline an elder's appointment....

by suavojr 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I second and third all those that said something to the effect of "thank you, but not right now, that's a heavy load and more than I want right now." That will not raise anyone's radar.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh come on, in all seriousness, current-day jws do not talk about old light, such as Peladies, germs not existing--just look for a thread called Golden Age Goodies and talk about that stuff. Keep insisting the Society taught all this stuff, they've always had the Truth, and you are concerned the brothers and sisters have lost these jewels of wisdom. I mean really rant, rave and obsess about it. It isn't wrong but they will think you are not fit for duty.

Turn in a "ZERO" time report for January

Better yet, turn in -2 hours. Say you over-reported last month and you need to balance the books.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I was asked to be a MS once, which I declined, then soon after that my service time started towards its eventual ZERO, where it is now. They never asked again.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Get a temporary tatoo of CT Russell on your chest.

After the Sunday meeting, take off your jacket, open your shirt and show everyone your tatoo.

The elder's appointment will be a moot point.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit