TEC Documentary hypothesis

by mP 302 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Am also off to bed, mP. Talk more later then.

Peace to you,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Adam was brought into the Garden (a spiritual place) and what occurs in there is spiritual.

Ah, that old excuse, "the bible means something besides what it says, it really means what I am saying it means and that reconciles the error".

Sheesh, redefining anything to mean what you want means nothing means anything.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Christian answer:

The Old Testament doesn't apply unless [someone in authority- In Tec's case; AGuest] says it applies, then only the part said to apply applies, but the bad stuff or contradictory stuff never applies because of Jesus.

• tec
    tec

Ah, that old excuse, "the bible means something besides what it says, it really means what I am saying it means and that reconciles the error".
    Sheesh, redefining anything to mean what you want means nothing means anything.

And your authority for what you think it means would be... what?

If you looked at Christ, and listened to Him, then you might 'see' more... since He is the Truth and Word of God.

The Christian answer:

What? You would expect a hindu answer on a matter of faith pertaining to Christ and God?

The Old Testament doesn't apply unless [someone in authority- In Tec's case; AGuest] says it applies, then only the part said to apply applies, but the bad stuff or contradictory stuff never applies because of Jesus.

If something is in conflict with Christ, then it is not the truth. Because HE is the truth. Simple. He is the one we are told to follow and listen TO. Not the bible, not men, not religion. Just Christ.

HE is my authority. If you can't accept that (or that some people might have the same understanding from listening to and following the same Spirit), no problem. But if you have to insert snide remarks or lies into your comments about me out of the blue, then that actually speaks more of you than me.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC:

That assumes a) it is meant to be read as you are reading it, b) that there was a mistake, c) that it was a matter of concern or importance to any of the people there in coming to God in the first place, d) that His job here was to correct all mistakes in the written texts. That was not His task. He did not teach us to follow the texts, but rather to follow HIM. But to be clear, he did speak against the scribes and teachers of the law... for this very reason.

mP:

Im sorry, the only way we can read any text is literally. Once you start introducing interpretation you deny the message the author was attempting to convey. If they meant to say something else they should have said it. By allowing interpretation in this manner you end up with chaos and thousands of different messages. This is why every xian religion has a different opinion. If God can create the universe then he can make sure his message is written down accurately and perfectly. I am a poor writer but im pretty sure my messages are not as confusing or twisted as often as the Bible.

The real problem is we have invented grand stories or answers that are simply not present or discussed in the bible. People want to believe in jesus so they lie about the prophecies in the OT. REad them literally and the vast majority are not even close to matching Jesus, eg the virgin birth in Isaiah. People invent stories to fill in the gaps.

• mP
    mP

TEC:

I hope you don't think I am defending a 'perfect' bible theory. I am aware that the bible is not perfect. How could it be? It has been written, translated, passed down, re-written, etc... by men. Not all of it is inspired. Not all of it is literal. So you will not get an argument from me that it is perfect.

mP:

You answered your own question. None of the BIble is inspired. If we examine most of the message or the events recorded real or made up, we can see they are not good or moral. They are simply the thoughts of ancient men who lived in a different harsher crueller word. Thats why we have slavery, rape, killings everywhere. THe rich men who wrote the bible made stuff up in Gods name to justify their positions and scare their subjcts. The fact that God never helped them and they kept getting taken over is proof of this. The notion that God would help a nation based on some ancient ancestor is completely racist and stupid. God is supposedly our father and yet he wants Abrahams children to enslave and muder their brothers ? If you look at the laws and rants int he bible from the angle of a nasty lying ruling elite it makes sense. From a loving god father of everyone it makes none.

• mP
    mP

TEC:

f you looked at Christ, and listened to Him, then you might 'see' more... since He is the Truth and Word of God.

mP:

Jesus said nothing new. The love y9our brother is taken from Leviticus. Jesus loved the Mosaic law, he never repealed it , thats simply made up by xians. Im still waiting for a simple statement from Jesus that proves me wrong but you can never give it me. You always tell me Jesus loves this and that but you can never show me from the gospels.

The gospels tells us that Jesus supported slavery, racism and continued the fine ancient maltreatment of women as lesser beings. He was not revultionary.

• mP
    mP

TEC:

HE is my authority. If you can't accept that (or that some people might have the same understanding from listening to and following the same Spirit), no problem. But if you have to insert snide remarks or lies into your comments about me out of the blue, then that actually speaks more of you than me.

mP:
    Mat 5:17 says the law of Moses is perfect and will last forever. Jesus himself nearly always followed the law of Moses. He never said not to continue following it. We can see this in the writings of Paul where Paul has troubles with Peter and James about this very matter. They have lots of fights over circumcision and the law.

• still thinking
    still thinking

marking thanks...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And your authority for what you think it means would be... what?

What it literally says.

If you looked at Christ, and listened to Him, then you might 'see' more... since He is the Truth and Word of God.

If you were honest, you would realize your "look at Christ" line is your version of "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit